Sign the Petition

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

When doing such math calculations, and using estimates to arrive at your" 0.03 % " figure, we can also break down the numbers you are using and project that maybe  90-"98% " or so of the people you are using in your calculations here are not even aware of this petition. Would you agree that the overwhelming vast majority of the people in the calculations you are using here are not aware of this petition? ...and therefore, its really an unknown factor how these thousands of people feel about a petition that they have no knowledge on, in order to be  counted in your arrived at " 0.03 % estimate ?

It is 3%, sleep deprivation and I feel like a fool. However, even at 3% is why I am curious as to where else the petition is being placed out to the public other than DCP and Reddit..

27 minutes ago, Stu said:

It is 3%, sleep deprivation and I feel like a fool. However, even at 3% is why I am curious as to where else the petition is being placed out to the public other than DCP and Reddit..

I really don't think DCI is going to respond any differently to whether there will be  2,000 signatures, or 20,000 signatures submitted to DCI. DCI has lawyers, maybe 1-3 of them. Those are the people and " the numbers " DCI office holders will most listen too. If DCI's lawyers tell them that dues paying members ( the Corps ) can hire high risks, and if there are repeat offenses, that DCI is insulated legally from any financial harm, then DCI officals will probably do nothing. On the other hand, if these DCI lawyers tell DCI Office holders that they are financially vulnerable at the moment, then these DCI officials will move heaven and earth to make public statements, then they'll put in policies that change the environment, and adds another layer of legal protections to DCI itself moving forward. So it'll be one or the other, imo... and where this will all end up regarding any possible DCI policy statements and/ or DCI changes to potentially take place in the near future with this. All this said, I don't discount the value of this petition.. long term, if not on the short term here.. no matter what DCI decides to do after they receive the petition.

Edited by BRASSO

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

I really don't think DCI is going to respond any differently to whether there will be  2,000 signatures, or 20,000 signatures submitted to DCI. DCI has lawyers, maybe 1-3 of them. Those are the people and " the numbers " DCI office holders will most listen too. If DCI's lawyers tell them that dues paying members ( the Corps ) can hire high risks, and if there are repeat offenses, that DCI is insulated legally from any financial harm, then DCI officals will probably do nothing. On the other hand, if these DCI lawyers tell DCI Office holders that they are financially vulnerable at the moment, then these DCI officials will move heaven and earth to make public statements, then they'll put in policies that change the environment, and adds another layer of legal protections to DCI itself moving forward. So it'll be one or the other, imo... and where this will all end up regarding any possible DCI policy statements and/ or DCI changes to potentially take place in the near future with this. All this said, I don't discount the value of this petition.. long term, if not on the short term here.. no matter what DCI decides to do after they receive the petition.

2,000 I could see the DCI Board going 'meh'; but 20,000... That would be going into the rhelm of public relations and optics.

Even so.  All it takes is ONE incident to make the 10 o'clock news and for sure they will be wishing they had put a policy in place.

22 hours ago, Stu said:

While this is important and I commend the OP, here is why I am asking about how the petition is being distributed. Using a rough estimate for the 2017 season, the number of fans that attended shows (maybe 70,000 over all summer show attendance), with a guess at the number of performers in the corps (approx., 4,800), and Staff (approx.  960), and then placing that in context with around the 2,000 who have signed the petition,.... I am wondering if the opinions of just 3% (corrected from 0.03%) will sway DCI that much?

I have seen others share it via social media platforms

17 hours ago, Stu said:

Yep, so sorry. Sleep deprivation. And I am playing the fool now. Oops.

now??

:4_joy:

17 hours ago, BRASSO said:

you mean like the lawyers were good on licensing until they weren't?