All time shows: Carolina Crown

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, BRASSO said:

Anybody else here like the 2000 Carolina Crown show... " Mask of Zorro ?. I realize it was during the early stages of the ascendancy for Carolina Crown, and it did not have the polish, music demand, and the MM talent we'd begin to find in their high placing and more successful shows that would soon follow from them in the succeeding years... but Man, I liked their Spanish themed music from this 2000 year from them...aggressive, intense, loud... and with a nice beat, I thought. Is toe taping music bad ? Not necessarily for me... lol!

Definitely one of my favorite Crown shows

• Like 1

2009 Crown will always be a favorite for me... but the prelude to this is that insanely huge opening HIT in 2008 that sets the stage for CrownBRASS!!   

My favorites:

2011 (which I initially didn't like at all)

My least favorite (only one)

2014 just didn't do anything for me

On 11/2/2017 at 3:54 PM, BRASSO said:

Anybody else here like the 2000 Carolina Crown show... " Mask of Zorro ?. I realize it was during the early stages of the ascendancy for Carolina Crown, and it did not have the polish, music demand, and the MM talent we'd begin to find in their high placing and more successful shows that would soon follow from them in the succeeding years... but Man, I liked their Spanish themed music from this 2000 year from them...aggressive, intense, loud... and with a nice beat, I thought. Is toe taping music bad ? Not necessarily for me... lol!

They’re in my top 10

Its pretty tight for favorite but here are the results so far:

Favorites

1. 2015 Inferno

2. 2008 Finis

3. 2012 For the Common Good

4. 2009- The Grass is Greener

5. Tie: 2007 Triple Crown and 2011 Rach Star.

HMs 2013 and 2016

Least Favorite:

2017 ...It is. I know some rumors have said otherwise but I am hoping that even though crown got a medal this year that they realize this was a unpopular show and don't go in the same direction for 2018. 

Interesting to note also that both 2004 and 2014 were common mentions on both favorite and least favorite lists.  Negative votes for 2009 dropped it from a tie for 2 to 4th place.

Feel free to keep posting your thoughts and thanks for your input!

Also another example of how the most successful show doesn't make the top 5 in favorites.

On 11/2/2017 at 3:51 PM, Cappybara said:

Bonus: shows I really dislike 

Could you explain why you dislike 2009? Just curious as I think that's one of their most musical brass books, which is something you've been critical of other crown shows, even ones you listed that you liked.

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched 2000 the mask of Zorro for the first time.  What a fantastic and enjoyable show! The big brass moments in the ballad where they kneel is amazing and I love the music for it. There is a 99 clip to watch too. Can't wait until I get a minute to do that.

Favs - in order by date

2008    Finis 
2009    The Grass is Always Greener... 
2011    Rach Star 
2013    E=mc2
2015    Inferno

Not so favs

2014 Out of this World 

2017 IT IS

• Like 1