2018 Show Announcent/Rumors?

rumors abound, and most very positive. granted the arrangement may cause consternation, but hey it am what it am

When someone mentions that “rumors are flying,” or that “the drum corps community is ablaze with predictions” or any statement similar to that, where do they mostly hear it? My experience is mostly limited to DCP, and I’m curious if it’s on the internet, or primarily word-of-mouth type rumors, or if it’s something I haven’t even considered. Sometimes I feel a little out of the loop. XD

2 hours ago, Who's on first? said:

When someone mentions that “rumors are flying,” or that “the drum corps community is ablaze with predictions” or any statement similar to that, where do they mostly hear it? My experience is mostly limited to DCP, and I’m curious if it’s on the internet, or primarily word-of-mouth type rumors, or if it’s something I haven’t even considered. Sometimes I feel a little out of the loop. XD

Rumors today come from a variety of sources..... from those who attended camps.... from DCP...... from Reddit ( and the Sub Reddit )..... from facebook..... from Instagram.....from twitter..... from MM's secretly sharing info with others..... from word of mouth..... and some are simply bogus and made up rumors to cause trouble or mischief or whatever. Because Corps are now secretive like never before, in the absence of good info, something else is made to fill that vacuum. and what fills that vacuum now are rumors. And rumors, by their very nature run the gamut from excellent, very good, to bad, to excessive hyperbole, to outright worthless and/ or completely bogus. But in todays Drum Corps era, in the off season, in the main, rumors are all we fans really have.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I know what Crown is doing... but I'm not telling. What I can say.... the drum corps world will be very pleased.

tenor.gif?itemid=9702899

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

If this is the thread where we brag about knowing show details w/o sharing anything of use, I am here for it. Maybe someone could create a Google Sheet tracking who knows stuff and who doesn't?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

oh there's lots of rumors flying these days. Some are even about show selections

• Like 1