2018 Show Announcent/Rumors?

Maybe it doesn't work to have a Show Announcement and Rumor thread.  Corps are wanting to keep things quiet while they work on their shows... and no one wants to spill a corps' secrets.  Any ideas for some good discussions?  Jonesing for a drum corps fix here...

1 hour ago, Ediker said:

Maybe it doesn't work to have a Show Announcement and Rumor thread.  Corps are wanting to keep things quiet while they work on their shows... and no one wants to spill a corps' secrets.  Any ideas for some good discussions?  Jonesing for a drum corps fix here...

Put a thread together that includes suggestions of eleven minutes of music one would like to see/hear a specific corps do, that is music never ever done on a DCI field before; give it  show theme and title, give us a few imaginations of what visuals would look like. Most importantly, why would this proposed show fit this particular corps based on the past profile and the future hopes. Who knows? The poster might even be invited to the next design team meeting. Name your fee.

For free, I'll throw out a show title which might fit a number of corps:  ....drum and bugle corps will present for 2018 their show: 'A Different Hue of Blue!" (or was that supposed to be Bloo?)

Edited by xandandl
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Couchmen Drum Corps said:

We may, or may not, be releasing details about our 2018 program in the very near future. 

Its amazing thats its come to this. Couchmen revealing their show before 90% of all drum corps. We suspect our procrastination habits have rubbed off on them 

You guys must've decided awhile back not to take this lying down anymore, so you turned the tables on them.

• Like 1

I know some stuff, but I'm not going to be the guy that publicly spills the beans 5 months before the beginning of the season.

Not that these shows are really that secret; a bunch of people have been to camps and all of that.

Frankly  am surprised that things are kept off of here as well as they are.

Folks, it's going to be a good year.  There's quite a bit of old and new to go around.

• Like 2

DCI should have a show announcement day, similar to when the top High School Football player announce what College they will attend. As a business and marketing guy, rather than announce at the last minute, I would want the most time possible to promote my upcoming product.

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Ediker said:

Please keep this thread for the nonsense..I don't want to have the mods clean up my pinned show announcement thread again...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

DCI should have a show announcement day, similar to when the top High School Football player announce what College they will attend. As a business and marketing guy, rather than announce at the last minute, I would want the most time possible to promote my upcoming product.

While I sort of agree with this idea...it is never going to happen though...DCI is not the governing body...the corps govern themselves...who really cares about these announcements besides us super-fans anyway?

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

Put a thread together that includes suggestions of eleven minutes of music one would like to see/hear a specific corps do, that is music never ever done on a DCI field before; give it  show theme and title, give us a few imaginations of what visuals would look like. Most importantly, why would this proposed show fit this particular corps based on the past profile and the future hopes. Who knows? The poster might even be invited to the next design team meeting. Name your fee.

For free, I'll throw out a show title which might fit a number of corps:  ....drum and bugle corps will present for 2018 their show: 'A Different Hue of Blue!" (or was that supposed to be Bloo?)

For any corps not in blue the working title is "A Corps of a Different Color"

11 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I know some stuff, but I'm not going to be the guy that publicly spills the beans 5 months before the beginning of the season.

Not that these shows are really that secret; a bunch of people have been to camps and all of that.

Frankly  am surprised that things are kept off of here as well as they are.

Folks, it's going to be a good year.  There's quite a bit of old and new to go around.

Same.  Lots of very enjoyable music :whistle:

• Like 2