2018 Show Announcent/Rumors?

On 2/1/2018 at 12:24 PM, IntercalaryTurtle said:

I know what Couchmen are doing... but I'm not telling. What I can say.... the napping world will be very pleased.

Thats nothing new however, imo. Every season now the Couchmen produces a show that puts most of us to sleep.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:28 PM, BRASSO said:

Rumors today come from a variety of sources..... from those who attended camps.... from DCP...... from Reddit ( and the Sub Reddit )..... from facebook..... from Instagram.....from twitter..... from MM's secretly sharing info with others..... from word of mouth..... and some are simply bogus and made up rumors to cause trouble or mischief or whatever. Because Corps are now secretive like never before, in the absence of good info, something else is made to fill that vacuum. and what fills that vacuum now are rumors. And rumors, by their very nature run the gamut from excellent, very good, to bad, to excessive hyperbole, to outright worthless and/ or completely bogus. But in todays Drum Corps era, in the off season, in the main, rumors are all we fans really have.

Happy New Year BRASSO.  Your Comments/Observations/Reply's always a pleasure to find along the treacherous journey through DCP. Yours is a much appreciated and refreshing Voice  of Reason.  I AM looking forward to my 53rd Awesome Summer of Drum Corps...and the next Fan Favorite Production THE ACADEMY will bring to the field in 2018! Cheers Mate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CorpsRelic said:

Happy New Year BRASSO.  Your Comments/Observations/Reply's always a pleasure to find along the treacherous journey through DCP. Yours is a much appreciated and refreshing Voice  of Reason.  I AM looking forward to my 53rd Awesome Summer of Drum Corps...and the next Fan Favorite Production THE ACADEMY will bring to the field in 2018! Cheers Mate.

Enjoy your summer of Drum Corps as well, CorpsRelic. I'm looking forward to seeing what The Academy has in store for us fans this summer for their show. I generally enjoy their productions, rarely dissapointed. New unis this summer ? I'm guessing with the trend in Unis. head gear etc to be more and more theme specific these days in DCI now, that'll probably be in store too.

For this year, most of the corps are playing something that they've played in the past, or another corps has played.  At least 1 piece....

They are also planning something new to drumcorps too.

• Haha 1

Not too late to do a Judith and Holofernes show, is it? A classic story but also, apparently, a timely one?

judith_and_holofernes.jpg

We've had beheading in drum corps shows before, though. Or at least one comes to mind: wasn't that how Phantom staged Turandot? Am I forgetting other shows?

I want some corps to title its show "Countless Screaming Argonauts".

• Like 1