2018 Show Announcent/Rumors?

On 11/6/2017 at 1:59 PM, cowtown said:

I thought the late announcements and show secrecy last year was way over done and no, it wasn’t always about obtaining copywrites, it was about hype which didn’t work for at least half the corps  

Yes, there was a lot of secrecy.  I estimate it was less about hype and more about allowing designers privacy to try on ideas and experiment before committing to a theme/concept.  'Tis the season for tinkering.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ediker said:

Yes, there was a lot of secrecy.  I estimate it was less about hype and more about allowing designers privacy to try on ideas and experiment before committing to a theme/concept.  'Tis the season for tinkering.

the designers, always the designers. I remember when the activity was about the marching members and the audience.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, xandandl said:

the designers, always the designers. I remember when the activity was about the marching members and the audience.

Amen X. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2017 at 5:42 PM, George Dixon said:

Cadets are doing a show based on race relations with an all black and white color scheme - and a bit of red shows up for a bit, then some yellow at the end

It will be very controversial 

(this is a rumor)

See San Antonio's Ronald Reagan HS Band 2017 program "Us and Them" as a similar "test" concept - Cadets arranger there as well...

(again, this is a rumor)

I really hope they don’t do this as it would confirm some of my less that flattering thoughts about Hoppy.  You may recall the jokes I made about last year’s show tanking because it failed to produce the desired controversy, a bit of truth and all. Cadets and the Borg seem to thrive on a victim-complex that results in a siege mentality. They claim it’s being innovative, I see it as part of the Cadets Cult Brainwashing process and find it off-putting to say the least.

It would help explain knowing that they’ll have 4 roving singers even before they have set the show, something that strikes me as another boxed-in, hats-backwards, design failure just waiting to be dumped on the field

• Like 1

The posters who originated any speculation about Cadets' 2018 show not being Bernstein said that it was exactly that: speculation and contrived rumor. The one poster stated in another thread that his posts were meant to stir discussion since he found only a few posting in the off season. He has seemed to fade away, again.

Cowtown, ThirdCoast, and a few BAC backers seem to be in the employ of AIM to discredit other corps' auditions and achievements, especially Cadets, in order to boast their own poor self-image. Kids will march where the kids, their parents and finances want, not where DCP dinos and haters point. Let any competition be on the field by the kids'' performances not the haters or homeboys.

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The posters who originated any speculation about Cadets' 2018 show not being Bernstein said that it was exactly that: speculation and contrived rumor. The one poster stated in another thread that his posts were meant to stir discussion since he found only a few posting in the off season. He has seemed to fade away, again.

Cowtown, ThirdCoast, and a few BAC backers seem to be in the employ of AIM to discredit other corps' auditions and achievements, especially Cadets, in order to boast their own poor self-image. Kids will march where the kids, their parents and finances want, not where DCP dinos and haters point. Let any competition be on the field by the kids'' performances not the haters or homeboys.

Pointing out people getting carried away with rumors and speculation in a thread titled "2018 Show Announcent(sic)/Rumors?" 

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Amen X. 

Yep; in the 1970’s and 1980’s DCI was all about the youth and not about the staff alright; It certainly was the youth performers’ names that appeared in the programs and were mentioned on the broadcasts not staff and designers names like Bobby Hoffman, George Zingalli, Tom Float, Jim Ott, Dennis Delucia….  Oh to go back to the good ole days when it was all about the youth and their names being placed in the DCI Hall of Fame and not just the adults!!!!

Edited by Stu

26 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Cowtown, ThirdCoast, and a few BAC backers seem to be in the employ of AIM to discredit other corps' auditions and achievements, especially Cadets, i

that's a good example of what I meant by " Cadets and the Borg seem to thrive on a victim-complex that results in a siege mentality. "

but you got me, yep, I'm being paid to hold a mirror up to the Cadets, their fans and their past. I'm now on the Boston payroll

Brasso, about my next check, with the Holidays approaching,  I expect a bonus  

Edited by cowtown
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1