Time for NO size limit in WC (or at least up it from 150)

42 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Thats not what cowtown was saying though I don't think, MikeD. He was referring to " clean ". I would tend to agree with him on this. As the size of the Corps get larger, and the shows get more marcher demanding, I too have noticed some glaring marching errors at Championships. Corps from top to bottom are getting "better".. perhaps even more " demanding ".  But are they as " clean " in drill/ visual pattern formation precision ? I don't know. Its certainly not a slam dunk anyway  that they are as " clean " visually by Championships as they used to be.

I was responding to this quote...."Also, outside of the top 6, the corps overall quality is diminished – the top corps get all the talent at the expense of the mid-trier corps".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MikeD said:

It was a luxury when I marched as well, from 64-72.

Same here during my time, Mike. 

Some things never change.

• Like 2

This thread topic could have made for a nice and informative poll  format too, to gauge where DCP'ers are on this question.

Edited by BRASSO

15 minutes ago, MikeD said:

I was responding to this quote...."Also, outside of the top 6, the corps overall quality is diminished – the top corps get all the talent at the expense of the mid-trier corps".

However, MikeD.. this comment of his, seemed to principally revolve around his belief ( shared by me and others from reading their comments ) that increasing the size of Corps from 155 to 180, 200, 300, 400, or open ended numbers, would likely just INCREASE the gulf between the top 6 Corps " at the expense of the lower tier Corps".  I cvould be wrong, but I believe he was referring to " placements " and competition.This comment seemed to be a stand a lone different one regarding creating gulfs in placements, and the 2nd one where  " cleanliness " in his opinion would likely ALSO  be negatively effected too.. he utilized the top Corps as his example of some " cleanliness " issues at Championships in this example. He likewise used as his example, his belief that as the Corps have gone from 128 to the current 155, he has witnessed some level of drop off in ( his words ) " the cleanliness " in the visuals executions. I assume he meant this was not confined to just the non " top 6 "as I read it, anyway.

Edited by BRASSO

17 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

I think reading back many at least here don't think more bodies are needed.  Seems it anyway

Its early in the thread topic, but yes, the early indications seem to be that most here on DCP are not in favor of increasing the current numbers allowed beyond the  DCI current approved max. of 155.

Edited by BRASSO

Have you seen the parking lots at the Alamodome or Lucas Oil? Where would you put 1 extra bus per Corps? Ignore logistics? You have obviously never driven a bus and had to figure where to park. I vote no. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Stu said:

If a youth is talented enough to make it into the Olympics, the Little League World Series, or a DCI WC top corps, and the youth happens to be underprivileged, there are always people willing to relieve them of those barriers.  Therefore talented youth who can actually perform at that level are never turned away.

Always. Huh.

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

I think reading back many at least here don't think more bodies are needed.  Seems it anyway

what fans on DCp want and whats proposed dont always go hand in hand ya know

• Like 1