All time shows: Boston Crusaders

8 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In the future people who wish to look up 2017 will be unable to enjoy a proper video of a sizeable chunk of that show.

The times we live in. The only saving grace are the pirated editions/ youtube versions and the like. But those home made reproductions are generally substandard quality compared to the commercially produced editions... so ya, this sux.

My Favorites:

2000 not just my favorite for Boston but one my all time favorites

2017 enjoyed this show more every time I saw it

Not so favorites:

Emotionally, for this Sader fan, '99 Semis and Finals. My Saturday Night Live t-shirt has long worn out!

Eat 'em up!

Edited by AlanAndreasen
Spelling
  • Like 2

Okay here we go.

Favorite

2017 wicked games- it's not even close for 2nd place.  I read about this show preseason and thought it was going to be a flop but this show really worked and it was the only 2017 show to bring a tear to my eye. They sounded great, looked great, I actually liked the singer and the addition of the narration. Really looking forward to how they follow this up next year

2003- BRAVO!  - this is a great Latin show with good early 00s drill and the best Malaguena on the field that year.:innocent:

2000- Red- this show was good! Great engaging drill and good music 

2005- ode to joy- I liked the Goodwin swing and there are a lot of other classics in there too.

HM- 2012 Titans- the show itself was a little dry to me but I thought Boston was the most professional looking corps that year.

Least favorites

2015 conquest- this was the only show in the top 12 that I didn't like in 2015. The drama and the Opera singer ...geesh. I couldn't wait for it to be over. 

2001- Harmonium- this could quite possibly be the most boring drum corps show.

Edited by ThePlanets

2000: Red. One of my all time favorite shows, period.

2002 You are my Star: just what we needed at the time. I recall watching it a few days after the Boston Marathon bombing in 2013 and it was still powerful.

2012: Titans: they went to California that summer so I did not see it until they came to Massachusetts later in the season. Amazing performance in Indy.

2016: Quixotic: yes it had its flaws, yet there should have been some changes, but those kids worked hard to sell it, especially at semi's.

1978: Thought they should have made finals for the first time that year, so did many others, at least in the Boston area. 

31 minutes ago, Tim K said:

2016: Quixotic: yes it had its flaws, yet there should have been some changes, but those kids worked hard to sell it, especially at semi's.

I really liked this show too. Probably my favorite from them in the 2010-2016 period. 

• Like 1

Favorites:

2000 RED: Pretty much defines the Boston aura in my mind. Loved Bolero and Time to Say Goodbye. Memorable overall.

2017 Wicked Games: The design was impeccable. Show was very fun to watch and the Wicked Games ballad was amazing.

2014 Animal Farm: Great atmosphere and music. I thought they expressed the Animal Farm story emotionally well. Haunting ballad.

2009 Core of Temptation: Solid show all around. Fun music and visuals, performed really well.

2013 Rise: Lots of emotion. The grey to red, while predictable, was done beautifully. Closer is probably my favorite of theirs.

Honorable Mentions:

2003 BRAVO!, 2012 The Titans, 1999 A Collection of Symphony Dances

Least Favorites:

2006 Cathedrals of the Mind

2005 Ode to Joy

On 11/15/2017 at 4:43 PM, N.E. Brigand said:

In the future people who wish to look up 2017 will be unable to enjoy a proper video of a sizeable chunk of that show.

That doesn’t bug me as much as I would have thought. Until the legacy collection was released, there were a ton of shows that only lived in my memory for decades, it wasn’t a bad place for them.

And there is always a way to find or obtain a full version of the show anyway

Edited by cowtown