Mandarins 2018

31 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Hmmm, possibly reigniting the rivalry with the Blue Stars from the A/A-60 and Div II and III years? 

Everyone wins when the scores within "groups" are closer.

Edited by Ghost

• 4 weeks later...

I remember seeing them early last season and I was like...WOW!!. They have always been good but not at a top 12 level. They were last year. They took that huge step towards finals finish and they again will probably be knocking on that door. That would be something to see. A small corp in N. Cal against the giants like BD and SCV.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, afd said:

I remember seeing them early last season and I was like...WOW!!. They have always been good but not at a top 12 level. They were last year. They took that huge step towards finals finish and they again will probably be knocking on that door. That would be something to see. A small corp in N. Cal against the giants like BD and SCV.

Ah let us not forget the successes of the Sacramento Freelancers once upon a time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Spiriti is an incredible piece (and Thomas Doss is one of the most brilliant & under-appreciated contributors to the modern wind band canon), and the fact that this piece appears to form the backbone of the show has me even more excited for Mandarins this season. I'm really not a fan of original music on the field, although I appreciate that it took Mandarins to where they are now --- and at the end of last season, with Sound of Silence sticking out so fantastically amidst the rest of the show, I had a gut feeling that the corps had reached its glass ceiling with original Key Poulan music and would need to use real source music moving forward to continue to move up, and I'm glad to see that they are. And not just any source music, but some stuff that tends to get wild ovations in the concert halls!! This truly sounds like the line up of a magical show for Mandarins. Can't wait to see it on the field.

• Like 1

I get the feeling True Colors is gonna be one of those "moments' this season.