Mandarins 2018

17 minutes ago, tim_brandt said:

I've been warning of this since I saw Mandarins at the Rose Bowl. They will pass PR.

Nothing AT ALL against PR, but it would make my (& my better half's) summer to see this happen with our own eyes in Allentown on Friday :biggrin:

Edited by grenadasmoothie
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grenadasmoothie said:

Nothing AT ALL against PR, but it would make my (& my better half's) summer to see this happen with our own eyes in Allentown on Friday :biggrin:

I love PR with all my heart, I'm an alumnus. But, I also call a spade a spade. This year's Mandarins are special and I believe they will come out ahead.

We will see, though.

• Like 4

I am rooting for Mandies to also pass up PR as well. They are within striking distance and it's going to fuel them to excel and turn up the performance.

• Like 2

Mandarins show is simply more entertaining. PR is boring yet again for at least the 3rd year in a row to my eyes and ears..........the downward spiral continues. And this pains me to say as a former PR MM.

• Like 3

I expect Mandarins to pass PR as well, not because of what PR is doing, but because of the excellent show Mandarins have this year.  Seen it 4 times on video and once live, and it's one heck of a spectacle!

Mike

• Like 4

Saw them tonight after taking about 25 of my students to Annapolis.  Mandarins hands down was the kids' favorite tonight.  Wasn't even close.  I'm really excited for them!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loved you guys last night, even in the rain.  

Like many, I am anticipating your first time in finals one week from today. I also just finished reading the article in the DCI Yearbook about FREE Players. Your extending a helping hand and the hand of friendship to them in 2015 in Allentown on a much drier night won a permanent place in the hearts of so many. It’s so appropriate that their first time in Indy in exhibition will be on Friday after semi’s when you most likely will learn that you made finals.  

The reason I’m sharing this story is partially a plug. I read in another thread your equipment suffered water damage. My guess is donations will not be refused. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Loved you guys last night, even in the rain.  

Like many, I am anticipating your first time in finals one week from today. I also just finished reading the article in the DCI Yearbook about FREE Players. Your extending a helping hand and the hand of friendship to them in 2015 in Allentown on a much drier night won a permanent place in the hearts of so many. It’s so appropriate that their first time in Indy in exhibition will be on Friday after semi’s when you most likely will learn that you made finals.  

The reason I’m sharing this story is partially a plug. I read in another thread your equipment suffered water damage. My guess is donations will not be refused. 

Probably a super safe guess. The replacement mixer alone costs $2,999. Is it inappropriate to share a donation link here? If anyone does wish to donate, they have a "DONATE" link at the top right of their corps website on the main index page.

• Like 1