Mandarins 2018

Any update on the mixing board? I see them live tonight in Buffalo and would be really bummed if they have to do the show without electronics.

1 minute ago, brassboy said:

Alumni and fans pulled through with donations within hours of the announcement. They ordered their replacement and had a volunteer drive it from Indiana to where they’re staying in NY yesterday. So they should be good to go tonight. 

Awesome! Really looking forward to their performance tonight. They have one of my favorite shows this season.

• Like 1

Caught a video of Mandarins show and it's very unique and entertaining. Two qualities that a lot of fans like to see. 

This is no disrespect and nothing but complimentary: I get both a Freelancers and a Magic of Orlando vibe from this year's show. The unique music arrangements and visual has a Freelancer feel and the guard very much has Magic of Orlando vibe.

Mandarins stand on their own this year with a great design and performances. Congratulations to them and I hope they make finals. The crowd always loves to welcome a first-time  corps to finals. To me, this would also be the ghost of some former finalist corps performing in finals again. 

Edited by billj
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

Alumni and fans pulled through with donations within hours of the announcement. They ordered their replacement and had a volunteer drive it from Indiana to where they’re staying in NY yesterday. So they should be good to go tonight. 

Probably have insurance on most electrical stuff. 

3 hours ago, brassboy said:

Against theft, probably. Against accidental water damage? I don’t know about that one. 

I know. I use to Wk for a big insurance company after college. You can insure most things against most things. You just have to pay for it. 

4 hours ago, brassboy said:

Against theft, probably. Against accidental water damage? I don’t know about that one. 

1 hour ago, afd said:

I know. I use to Wk for a big insurance company after college. You can insure most things against most things. You just have to pay for it. 

And I can just see some insurance dood saying, "It's not accidental, you knowingly took it out there in the rain."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brassboy said:

That's incredible and very impressive. DCI is the best. Good luck, Mandarins!

• Thanks 1