Mandarins 2018

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I'm sorry, but the Mandarins are not finalist contenders. There are not in contention for finals this year. They will make finals this year. Hands down better than anyone who placed 12th and lower last year.

???  Doesn't your 3rd sentence contradict your first two?   (they are not finalist contenders, there are not in contention for finals) (they will make finals)

Actually, she is not contradicting herself.  They are definitely NOT contenders - they are a lock for finals at this point.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

Actually, she is not contradicting herself.  They are definitely NOT contenders - they are a lock for finals at this point.

She didn't say they were not contenders for a metal, she said for finals, and finals are the top 12.  They are the ones who are in the Finals (Saturday night).

In her words, " the Mandarins are not finalist contenders".  And " not in contention for finals this year"

That's what she said, maybe not what she meant.

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

She didn't say they were not contenders for a metal, she said for finals, and finals are the top 12.  They are the ones who are in the Finals (Saturday night).

In her words, " the Mandarins are not finalist contenders".  And " not in contention for finals this year"

That's what she said, maybe not what she meant.

How dare you presume I am a she :) Ha. I'm not. I'm a he. 

What I was trying to say is they are not in contention because there is nothing to contend. They are in. Contention means it may happen, it may not. There's no may about it - they are in. I know people will say there's a whole season left and yada yada yada but they are in. The show is too good - too well design - too well performed. They are in.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 4

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

How dare you presume I am a she :) Ha. I'm not. I'm a he. 

What I was trying to say is they are not in contention because there is nothing to contend. They are in. Contention means it may happen, it may not. There's not may about it - they are in. I know people will say there's a whole season left and yada yada yada but they are in. The show is too good - too well design - too well performed. They are in.

Sorry, I only referred to you as "she" because your defender referred to as "she" .  I will try to not make that mistake in the future.  

There is most of a season to go.  I think (as you do)  that Mandarins will make finals.  But stranger things have happened.  I do appreciate what Koester has done with the Corps, it was predictable.

I'm still hoping that my home town Academy makes finals, but it looks like a long shot at this time.  But I'm still hoping.

2 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Sorry, I only referred to you as "she" because your defender referred to as "she" .  I will try to not make that mistake in the future.  

There is most of a season to go.  I think (as you do)  that Mandarins will make finals.  But stranger things have happened.  I do appreciate what Koester has done with the Corps, it was predictable.

I'm still hoping that my home town Academy makes finals, but it looks like a long shot at this time.  But I'm still hoping.

I was joking. Several have said they thought I as a SHE and it's understandable given my username. 

35 minutes ago, Mega said:

Keep it up Mandarins! Look forward to seeing the results from tonight's show.

I'll just say it again, Mandarins blew me away at the Rose Bowl. I was floored, the hype is real.

They play loud, march great, and are really innovative with their use of the stage.

This should be well rewarded. Looking forward to seeing how high they can climb.

Go Mandies!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1