Genesis 2018

I guess you can throw Music City into that same boat as well.  They never medaled in Open Class.  Wait...didn't they just have one of the most fan favorite shows this year?  I guess it doesn't matter now does it.  I'm glad we have another World Class corps.  As long as they stay stable, take care of the kids, and are fiscally responsible then it's all good to me.  

• Like 1

I think I expected a more creative show from Genesis, based on previous years in OC and last year in WC, but I was not disappointed in what I saw in Allentown or Indy. There are some small fixes that could have been made to the show though I don’t know if it would have changed much, so I’ll keep that to myself. But they are gaining a fan base at least in Boston and I like the variety the non finalists often bring, so stay in WC, work on a creative show for next year, and we’ll see what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think I expected a more creative show from Genesis, based on previous years in OC and last year in WC, but I was not disappointed in what I saw in Allentown or Indy. There are some small fixes that could have been made to the show though I don’t know if it would have changed much, so I’ll keep that to myself. But they are gaining a fan base at least in Boston and I like the variety the non finalists often bring, so stay in WC, work on a creative show for next year, and we’ll see what happens. 

It was fascinating to travel this summer and hear different crowds cheer for different corps. Makato, MN went nuts for Genesis during their show and the encore.

I don't think critiquing the show is a bad thing. My wife and I had our own discussions. In the end, they took a risk. If you never risk, you never have a shot to learn, adjust, and/or move forward.

Edited by Rileydog
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jake W. said:

They draw from an enormous talent pool and have carefully curated a educational, positive summer experience

OC and likely several other corps do heavy recruiting in Texas.  It is a GREAT talent pool, and there is enough to go around.  I appreciate your defense of what will end up being a mere hiccup in Genesis' development.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Genesis fielded a World Class show and successfully completed a World Class tour. Granted a number of World Class corps placed higher, but so what? If a drum corps can afford to safely commit to a full tour and provide an educational experience for its members, I'm for more World Class corps, not fewer. A summer of drum corps is about way more than the last score./placement in August. Do your best and.... Que Sera, Sera.  

• Like 1

sorry all - took me a while to get on to the Forum and sweep up some 'stuff' on here, also apologies for not leaving much - a lot of collateral damage as the result of trying to bring the discussion back to some semblance of  rational 'discussion'.

Please if some of you want to recreate some of the missing thoughts - in a respectful way - please feel free to start here.

Danke