2005 Phantom

Yeah, it's a bit of a departure for Regiment, but it is flat out fun, and I particularly love the way the brass writing and percussion writing complement each other.

I absolutely love this show.  It's a great mashup of two well-worn tunes, and it got turned in to something new and different.  "Lighthearted" Regiment was kind of a novel idea, but it worked so well.  (I think it worked for City of Light too - fight me, bro.)  The featured dancer was brilliant, and this was the same year as Madison's featured Carmen, so it was a neat compare/contrast. 

Just because you're rooted in Romantic-era music, it does not mean everything always has to be Gothic and heavy-handed.  There's room for both, you know?  I'd love to see/hear more of it from them, honestly. 

Mike

Amazing show. 04 and 05 both seem to get overshadowed in that 03-08 Phantom era, but they're just as excellent, 05 especially.

One of my favorite PR shows.  Entertaining, fun, well-performed.

I tend to think the show is under-remembered versus under-rated.

The show was much-loved at the time, which makes its low profile more incongruous. I suspect it's ignored in part because of the style shift but also because there are so few videos available in the public domain. Could it be the copyright police crusaded against this one more aggressively than others? Whatever the reason, the show's fame was constrained by availability. For a large segment of fans, if you didn't see this show live, you didn't see it. That might explain why it garners so little comment. Too bad. It was a great show.

HH