27 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Related image

yes, Rudolph and the Reindeers were cut by the designers to make more room for props after Rudy's crew kept nibbling on the electronic wires; besides they wouldn't change out of their traditional uniforms and headgear.for something more "contemporary."

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

The Sooners vs. The Bulldogs.

The Tigers vs. The Crimson Tide.

Boston College over Duke!  Those Jesuits exorcised them Devils turning them quite blue. 

PS. State HS Football championships here just won by as school who calls their teams The Cadets and whose colors are also maroon, gold, and white. Coincidence?

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Boston College over Duke!   

Did you just say Boston over the Blue Devils in an unexpected upset ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think Boston and Cavaliers back and forth for either 4 and 5 or 5 and 6.

You also always have corps on an island of their own like Santa Clara in 5th place in 2015.

I would love to see the top 4 in a really tight knit group again. And I think Bloo will be back in the top 4. That will depend on Crown's production and percussion though.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

whoever scores highest wins

Unless of course, in the unlikely event a Corps is subsequently disqualified for some reason by DCI after their "highest score" was tabulated,  but before all the scores were announced... ( . I know, I know, Jeff... I'm bustin' your beach balls..haha)

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Championship Contenders

Blue Devils and Carolina Crown - No elaboration needed for BD.  CC is likely to field the kind of design that put them on top.  Percussion will begin to rival their amazing brass, and the colorguard will be stronger.  These two corps will be the class of the field in 2018.  

Medal Pool

Santa Clara, Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders, and Bluecoats - Santa Clara will remain strong.  The Cavies' stock is still rising, propelled by MM maturity, experience, and their brand's re-acquired "it" factor.  Boston's wave has still not crested.  Retained veterans and an uptick in experienced recruits will keep upward pressure on design, demand, and placement.  Bluecoats have weathered their first post-championship season.  Their return to the medal hunt will be unhampered by having "just won" (an affliction to which only BD is immune).  

Mid-tier

Blue Knights, Cadets, Phantom, and Blue Stars - BK's brass has been consistently good and their percussion was the talk of Indy in 2017.  With an improved guard and a design worthy of the performers, they have a chance to top this tier and possibly snag a top 5 finish.  Member retention and an aggressive recruiting effort are solidifying the Cadets' position in this group.  Early design readiness will be key to allowing this corps' MMs and championship DNA to deliver and climb.  Fine-tuning the Phantom Mystique, and fielding a design that conveys it, will show the younger generation why the "dinos" still revere this corps.  Blue Stars were victorious in their last duel with Crossmen.  To rise within this group, they will need more design "wow factor" to challenge Phantom, Cadets, and BK.

Finalist Contenders

Crossmen, Madison, Mandarins, Colts, and Academy - Crossmen are likely to remain solid finalists and challengers to the mid-tier.  Madison has both passionate MMs and fans.  The question is how these strength will be channeled.  Mandarins are putting the most pressure on the others.  Colts have a chance to jump in, and Academy needs a dose of their 2016 magic to challenge.  

• Like 2

On 12/10/2017 at 11:09 PM, BRASSO said:

Unless of course, in the unlikely event a Corps is subsequently disqualified for some reason by DCI after their "highest score" was tabulated,  but before all the scores were announced... ( . I know, I know, Jeff... I'm bustin' your beach balls..haha)

disqualified doesnt count. see 75,76,77

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

disqualified doesnt count. see 75,76,77

But what about 2018- 2028 ?

• Like 1