Future World Class Corps and Future Open Class Corps

After hearing that Music City moved up to world class for 2018, I began to wonder what other corps might make it into either open or world class in the future.

This list is my predictions:

Predictions for future World Class Corps:

Battalion - 2025

Legends - 2022

Louisiana Stars - 2027

Columbians - 2028

Guardians - 2025

Southwind - 2026

Predictions for future open class corps:

Tall City - 2019

Arsenal - 2019

Encorps - 2019

Armada - 2020

Appalachian Sound - 2020

Vessel - 2018

Arbella - 2022

Hub City Guardians - 2018

Horizon - 2021

Cutting Edge - 2025

Again, these are my predictions and not are not factual. What are your predictions? Do any of your predictions match up with mine? Do any of your predictions not match up with mine? Please list your comments below and we will find out!

dchristian125...Are your predictions list of Corps for future Open Class Division status from the current DCI Soundsport Division  ? I'm guessing they perhaps are, as I'm not familiar with these you listed here above.

I'll go out on a whim here and predict that Southwind will be the next Open Class Corps on your list to make it to World Class Division status. I think it all comes down to how efficiently these Corps can raise the funding needed to be considered for World Class Div. status. I really don't know what the finances are with any of these Corps. I went with Southwind as they have been previously in the World Class Division, and perhaps that prior experience in knowing what it might take perhaps might give them an edge over some others.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

dchristian125...Are your predictions list of Corps for future Open Class Division status from the current DCI Soundsport Division  ? I'm guessing they perhaps are, as I'm not familiar with these you listed here above.

I'll go out on a whim here and predict that Southwind will be the next Open Class Corps on your list to make it to World Class Division status. I think it all comes down to how efficiently these Corps can raise the funding needed to be considered for World Class Div. status. I really don't know what the finances are with any of these Corps. I went with Southwind as they have been previously in the World Class Division, and perhaps that prior experience in knowing what it might take perhaps might give them an edge over some others.

To anwser your question, the corps that are listed under the open class list are currently dci soundsport members.

• Like 1

I would think Legends would be sooner than 2022. If they did not have financial issues last year, I would have predicted as early as 2018 or 2019. Since quite a few people predicted Guardians would never get off the ground, and looking back they did have some valid points though more than a few simply wrote them off due to the age of the director, Guardians have made steady progress and could be ready sooner. I am very impressed with Louisiana Stars and could see things happening for them in the near future. With any corps moving up, recruiting is important, financial resources are a must, and the right people in critical spots is essential.

• Like 2

Vessel is looking really good.

Hub City makes sense as an expansion of the Guardians. 

Horizon is inactive this year and who knows if they'll come back to DCI or just focus on their Winterguard, or WGI Winds.

Is Arbella switching to the Jr Division? I thought they are all-age now.

Appalachian Sound is working to come back after a year of inactivity. Atlanta could be the new Southern Drum Corps Hub with 4 corps in one area like Philly/NJ.

Tall City... I'll just refer to this thread: 

• Like 1