2017 DCI A/V

Hafe

17 hours ago, FaustianMachine said:

Just got my FedEx shipping notice! 

Just got an email saying Blu-rays have been delivered. A day early. If I didn’t have a few student meetings yet remaining this afternoon, I’d be home watching already.

20 hours ago, MikeN said:

Rihanna.  I listened to BD yesterday - the old announcements are all on there.

Mike

That's good.  Not that I want to have anything cut from a show, but if I had to choose with that show, I want the Seawright announcements. 

Got mine today...just watched Crown...Sound is awesome.  There is one spot where they fixed the singer’s part where there is a noticeable audio to video issue ( slightly out of sync ) but overall pretty great job by Tom Blair and his crew getting that show on the discs cleaned up considering the mic issues on both Semis and Finals night.

watched Boston as well, and...the cut of the ballad is beyond frustrating, but I know there is nothing I can do about it.  

As I have said in other threads, something has got to be done about the licensing issue that benefits all involved.  The shows that are cut-up are like watching a Broadway show with scenes cut out.  

The quality of the Blu-ray is out of this world...picture and sound feel like you are there live.  

2 hours ago, leed17 said:

The quality of the Blu-ray is out of this world...picture and sound feel like you are there live.  

Agree. I’m impressed.

I would have made different choices on the multi camera versions. But just my preferences. First impressions after all 12:

A lot of teeth gritting. A lot of sweaty faces and arms.

I liked Boston during the season. Maybe enjoyed that show even more on this first video pass.

SCV was great. But BD was just awesome. Were either of them telling a story? I don’t care.

I get how trombones work. It’s okay to back off of that slide work next year.

A lot of MMs look to me like they are 12, and they all work very, very hard. Way hard.

Overall first impression, wonderful video and audio. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, leed17 said:

Yes, but I think that cut was only made to the DVD/Bluray set, not the CD's.  I'm listening now to the show and I think its all intact audio wise. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

The cut mentioned early is to BDB.  There are no cuts to BD on the CD.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

ordered 11/22, still waiting

just got notice is shipped