2017 DCI A/V

Hafe

On 12/16/2017 at 1:45 PM, Ghost said:

If that's the case, even the judges and folks along the sidelines are utilizing them.  So refreshing to seeing a corps not using props.

nor electronics.

Edited by xandandl

Whatever this is, if utilized, it better work. Or the fans might disappear. For real.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 9:27 AM, Cadevilina Crown said:

Question for those of you who have both the CD and the DVD: Is the stand-up joke in the Cavaliers’ show the same on both the CD and the DVD or different? (I’m just curious)

I don't have the DVD's yet, but on the CD it's about getting the judges score sheet early and Star of Indiana winning.

Mike

3 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I don't have the DVD's yet, but on the CD it's about getting the judges score sheet early and Star of Indiana winning.

Mike

That was the one used for Finals, so I assume there was either some editing involved, or they just used the entire Finals recording instead of Semis.

got my blu-rays and cd's last night...  and this may be the last year I purchase any of these.   the mixing due to all the thunderous goo is not good...  not blaming those who mix the sound...they probably did all they could do...  there just probably just isn't any good way to do it with different corps speaker setups and various volumes at different times.

I have to turn my subwoofer on my surround sound system WAAAAY down and then I get in the car and played with the equalizer settings but of the corps I've listened too it sounds too high where they've deliberately cut down / leveled some of the bass

I'm ok with the addition of synth... but I haven't enjoyed AV products the way I used to since

Edited by dcibrando

didnt watch the blue-rays yet. Cd's up thru 8th place sounded great tho

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded a few of the Finals shows, primarily for viewing on computer and iPad....the video and audio quality are very good.....good enough that I am not going the Blu-Ray route this year.

Edited by brichtimp
grammar

The final product for the Blue Stars on the Blu-ray is a travesty. Other cuts are bad....namely Boston and Blue Knights, but the Blue Stars’ show was just flat out butchered.  Missing the whole opener and the whole closer.....it’s such a shame.  So disappointed. 

34 minutes ago, KCWolfPck said:

The final product for the Blue Stars on the Blu-ray is a travesty. Other cuts are bad....namely Boston and Blue Knights, but the Blue Stars’ show was just flat out butchered.  Missing the whole opener and the whole closer.....it’s such a shame.  So disappointed. 

I feel so bad for the Blue Stars members that want to appreciate the full final product of this show but don't have the ability to do so.

Fortunately, the audio wasn't affected (although I wouldn't want to purchase an audio recording of a show containing lots of cringeworthy sampling).

• 3 weeks later...