All time shows: The Crossmen

On 12/13/2017 at 9:55 PM, BRASSO said:

Favorite Crossmen Shows : ( no particular order )

'79...(Theme from Superman for their closer !)

'78

'82

' 92 

'97

2005 ( and they didn't even make Finals this year... but I still loved the show/ music )

Least Favorite.... there were only a couple.... but 2013 stands out... " Protest "

I was a lead bari in '05. The pre-edited / pre-watered-down versions of Drew Shanefield's arrangements were amazing! (I would die to find a recording of the classical gas fugue that got axed)... The winter camps were packed with energy... it was a running joke that the '05 Crossmen peaked in May... Regardless, I'm glad you enjoyed that show, we worked our tails off.

On 12/14/2017 at 12:55 AM, BRASSO said:

Least Favorite.... there were only a couple.... but 2013 stands out... " Protest "

I liked the concept, and even the music from that show, but the visual design seemed "stunted."  Everything looked really close together, and they never really, as the great Bruce Dickinson would say, "explored the space."

i'd like to go on Record that the 2010 First Circle show was the most disappointing Crossmen effort ever......and I don't blame the kids one bit.

I'm adding 02 to my favorite list.

Here are the top 5 voted for the week.

1. 1992 ran away with the favorite vote 

2. 2002

3. 2012 

4. 1982

4. 1991

HM for 1998

No least favorite but 8 different shows got 1 vote. 

Tomorrow I will be back with another top 12 corps just in time for the holidays!

I don't want to give too much away but the DCP community seems to love to discuss this one

On 12/18/2017 at 2:18 PM, ibexpercussion said:

I liked the concept, and even the music from that show ["Protest" in 2013], but the visual design seemed "stunted."  Everything looked really close together, and they never really, as the great Bruce Dickinson would say, "explored the space."

Two corps that were more successful with similar concepts, in my opinion, were Bushwackers with "The Resistants" in 2014 and especially Cavaliers with "Propaganda" in 2016.

The best part about "Protest" was the coda.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2017 at 12:30 AM, Jeff Ream said:

one note...the Crossmen drumline wasnt happy with the scream. they kinda went looking to see if they could find them

Really? As in they literally went looking for a 15 year old kid who screamed "Crossmen Drumline"?  

5 minutes ago, jbeatty89 said:

Really? As in they literally went looking for a 15 year old kid who screamed "Crossmen Drumline"?  

who knows what the age of the person was. but several people in uniform have confirmed that night they fanned the stands looking for "the ###### that ruined our CD"

44 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

who knows what the age of the person was. but several people in uniform have confirmed that night they fanned the stands looking for "the ###### that ruined our CD"

He was 15, at the time. Anyway I suppose it was a fruitless search since he made it back to the bus unscathed.