2018 Rules proposals

No scores, ordinals only

NO NO NO NO NO. The way scores work now is that it shows the corps the individual aspects they can improve on. Scores also show close the corps are to each other. This would also mean that there couldn’t be any caption awards. 

• Thanks 1

If they really cared about audience experience, they’d kill it. Sound reinforcement ruined a few shows for me last year. But, the subtext of their full statement is we’ll get better, so we’ll keep it which, I’ve been hearing about amps since they came in back in 2005. Then we were told they were experts because they used them in bands so almost after a generation, they can’t figure it out and we're to trust them

Why do they lie?

Many marching members of the corps that used sound reinforcement hated it and said their staff only did it to keep up with the other corps doing it so get rid of it

I think BD started it in 2015 before the rule was passed to allow it in 2016, just like they did with synths in 2007

So it seems the best way to push a rule through is, be Blue Devils, cheat, win and have DCI pass a rule later to make it legal and cover their track so it all seems legit

3 minutes ago, cowtown said:

If they really cared about audience experience, they’d kill it. Sound reinforcement ruined a few shows for me last year. But, the subtext of their full statement is we’ll get better, so we’ll keep it which, I’ve been hearing about amps since they came in back in 2005. Then we were told they were experts because they used them in bands so almost after a generation, they can’t figure it out and we're to trust them

Why do they lie?

Many marching members of the corps that used sound reinforcement hated it and said their staff only did it to keep up with the other corps doing it so get rid of it

I think BD started it in 2015 before the rule was passed to allow it in 2016, just like they did with synths in 2007

So it seems the best way to push a rule through is, be Blue Devils, cheat, win and have DCI pass a rule later to make it legal and cover their track so it all seems legit

My opinion, but I think you could have made the point without naming a particular corps as one who "cheats".  

I don't disagree with your point, but I don't respect throwing one corps under the bus when so many seem to follow the same "boundary-push" plan to nudge proposals into discussion.

• Like 1

According to DCI's Twitter account, discussion of the 9 rules proposals from December will get underway this afternoon.

9 minutes ago, cowtown said:

Oh brother!  exploding bomb emoticon

2 hours ago, cowtown said:

Why do they lie?

amps in general has gotten better. the issue is when more and more technology gets added, there's issues until resolved.The amount of stuff they are trying to run on the systems they use has to be the issue. You're trying to fill giant stadiums on 1/100th what a major rock group does.