2018 Rules proposals

2 hours ago, garfield said:

My opinion, but I think you could have made the point without naming a particular corps as one who "cheats".  

I don't disagree with your point, but I don't respect throwing one corps under the bus when so many seem to follow the same "boundary-push" plan to nudge proposals into discussion.

BD isn't the only one to push the limit of the law. Bloo got busted running sound remotely before it was legal. 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

He's been a little busy....https://youtu.be/SMiR4saA6QE up in Massachusetts.

Yeah... I've been watching his reports. A rough go up there.

He and Mike Seidel... when they show up in your town, your weather is bad!!! :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Fran Haring said:

Yeah... I've been watching his reports. A rough go up there.

He and Mike Seidel... when they show up in your town, your weather is bad!!! :tongue:

I hear they are judging GE this year for Rainbeat and the Glassmen's Alumni appearance at Allentown.  :laughing:   (Only kidding.)

Another miscellaneous rule passed today: An official "Plan B" for rained-out shows.

https://www.flomarching.com/articles/6071098-dcis-plan-b-for-rained-out-shows

• Like 1

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

I hear they are judging GE this year for Rainbeat and the Glassmen's Alumni appearance at Allentown.  :laughing:   (Only kidding.)

Glassmen Alumni show theme:  "Thunder Snow"  :8_laughing:

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

He forgot to remind the lady to wash off the salt as soon as she could.  Wonder if that location was around Scituate.

No, he was North Shore at the time. I believe Rockport and my source was the Gloucester paper. God bless Eastern Point.

So far I am liking what has been approved for the policy changes (viz., Order of Performance after San Antonio and the Plan B option.) I note "what the audience approves and appreciates" as a trend in the comments of Mark Arnold, Jim Coates, Dan Acheson, and David Glasgow so far. At least at what the DCI communications office is releasing to date, there is a definite emphasis of realizing that the corps can't move without the ticket sales and fan donations no matter how esoteric or complicated the genius of the show designs and wishes of the music majors. (Don't mean to step on toes here.) Art and Financial life have to be in sync.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

DCI CEO and Executive Director Dan Acheson presented the idea of having the corps prepare a 7-8-minute Plan-B performance specifically design for these scenarios. Plan-B would be a stripped-down version of the corps' current production or could be a completely different collection of music with just battery and brass instruments.

"If you can't carry it, you can't play it," Dan said in summary.

Once the idea went to motion it was approved unanimously by all in attendance.

Does this mean that plan B is a given for ALL SHOWS?  ...or just certain shows?

Edited by Liahona

1 minute ago, Liahona said:

Does this mean that plan B is a given for ALL SHOWS?  ...or just certain shows?

Basically any outdoor show that gets moved indoors due to inclement weather (i.e. rain).