Pioneer Brass Caption Head discusses 2018 brass program

9 hours ago, dcifan1999 said:

All of these posts will seem absurd  if they don't live up to the posts, and frankly, after hearing them at camp, it's useless overhype...but that's my opinion.

My point is with a better recruiting effort you could easily double your numbers.

You make it sound like all they need to do is wave a magic wand and poof...I suggest stop being so negative on the organization...I am heartened to hear the news that their efforts this season are paying off for them with improved numbers...and with their new invigorated and dedicated instructional staff that will hopefully lead to an improved member experience...

Edited by Liahona
  • Like 4

On 2/1/2018 at 10:12 AM, MikeN said:

I'm glad to hear good news coming from Pioneerland.  Keep it coming!

Mike

Add me to this sentiment.

I'm puzzled why anyone would feel the need to be a naysayer and/or pessimistic towards genuine efforts shaped for a corp's betterment? 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We are currently sitting at around 46-52 brass for the season. I expect that we'll end up around 48 for the summer. A big improvement from 28 from last year. 

Thank you all for the support. Our students appreciate it!!!

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, PioBrass18 said:

We are currently sitting at around 46-52 brass for the season. I expect that we'll end up around 48 for the summer. A big improvement from 28 from last year. 

Thank you all for the support. Our students appreciate it!!!

Fantastic news...It would be great to see and hear a larger brass line from Pioneer this summer. Best of summer's success to your Corps.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I stopped by rehearsal today. I was looking forward to seeing the 48 member hornlike. Unfortunately, I only saw ~34 on the field with a few holes. I know that some high school students are still pending.

i hope they make it to 48.  

• Thanks 1

@Old Corps Guy this weekend was still considered a camp because there are still many members not there yet due to school finishing up. I don't get there until next week because I'm finishing up teaching middle school band. Hope you enjoyed what you heard!

2 hours ago, PioBrass18 said:

@Old Corps Guy this weekend was still considered a camp because there are still many members not there yet due to school finishing up. I don't get there until next week because I'm finishing up teaching middle school band. Hope you enjoyed what you heard!

Curious what the line is set at as far as numbers. That's promising that there are more than the 34 seen, but curious what the final count is.