Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders

Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?

• Cadets
    • Boston Crusaders

For the history buffs here: . the only current DCI Corps that the Boston Crusaders have never topped in competition before are the Blue Devils.

The next milestone in the foreseeable future for the Corps ?  One that we might measure in months or years, and not decades as was the case with the Cadets ?

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, craiga said:

For the record, prior to the 2017 season, the last time Boston beat Cadets was on July 8, 1980 in Harrisburg, PA. I was in BAC's hornline that year, and I'm 57 years old now!  :)

Hanover PA. i went to the stadium the day after the show this year and took a video and shared it to their page. ( i happen to have a bank i work out of there). Never be able to hold a show there now. logistic nightmare.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Hanover PA. 

Yes, Craiga was very close however. ( Hanover, not Harrisburg,.. Pa.). and it was on 7/7/ 1980

Hanover, Pa. scores July 7, 1980.

1st..... 27th Lancers...... 79.50

2nd... Troopers................67.55

3rd  Boston Crusaders.....56.70

4th Cadets.........................56.55

.........( 27th Lancers ( Revere, Ma. ) were a national DCI powerhouse then, and would place runners up 2nd in DCI Championships this 1980 season. By under 4 tenths to the eventual 1980 DCI Champion that was..... well..... who else ?...   the Blue Devils.)

On July 9th 1980,  2 nites later the Cadets would top the Boston Crusaders in Akron, Ohio by 11 tenths. From that  point until 7/12/ 2017 last season in Atlanta, Georgia, the Cadets had topped Boston 300 or so times in head to head competitiions over a 37 year span, as from the early 80's onward, the Cadets then became one of the most Iconic Corps in all of DCI's history. ( Boston had topped the Cadets many times in the pre DCI years however ). Since last July 12th, Boston has now topped the Cadets 11 consecutive times in head to head competitions...... only 290 or so more to go now ( haha!).

Edited by BRASSO

2 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Yes, Craiga was very close however. ( Hanover, not Harrisburg,.. Pa.). and it was on 7/7/ 1980

Hanover, Pa. scores July 7, 1980.

1st..... 27th Lancers...... 79.50

2nd... Troopers................67.55

3rd  Boston Crusaders.....56.70

4th Cadets.........................56.55

.........( 27th Lancers ( Revere, Ma. ) were a national DCI powerhouse then, and would place runners up 2nd in DCI Championships this 1980 season. By under 4 tenths to the eventual 1980 DCI Champion that was..... well..... who else ?...   the Blue Devils.)

On July 9th 1980,  2 nites later the Cadets would top the Boston Crusaders in Akron, Ohio by 11 tenths. From that  point until 7/12/ 2017 last season in Atlanta, Georgia, the Cadets had topped Boston 300 or so times in head to head competitiions. Since last July 12th, Boston has now topped the Cadets 11 consecutive times in head to head competitions...... only 290 or so more to go now ( haha!)

I was there. If I had known the significance I would have saved the program. Good ole Sheppard and Myers Field.....minutes away from Hanover HS, where i dropped my now wife off at her car after a late night return from a marching band competition ( she worked with their band), and kissed her for the first time.

• Like 2

Last year was such a prefect show for BAC it will be difficult to top but, I felt the spread should have been bigger between them and Cadets by finals as BAC marched, spun and moved so much better.

I give it to BAC  as they have the momentum

Cadets are well overdue for a good year.  I think they regain some competitive ground this year.  

Personally,  I think Boston will keep moving up. I see their staff has great creative license and that'll only translate to results. As for Cadets, I no longer have faith in them. They've been on a downward trajectory for years, and I don't see it getting any better. I hope to be proven wrong, but I don't think that'll happen. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

As much as I love the Cadets, I voted for Boston. If the Cadets do not get their design program fixed it’s going to be another lackluster season.

• Like 1