Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders

Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Cadets v.s. Boston Crusaders, Who will score and finish higher?

• Cadets
    • Boston Crusaders

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually until recently he was among the biggest homers for the organization. 

that said, and i've said it before, some of the best years in the Cadets history were never about the most talented kids on the field. it was about the hardest working kids on the field, and the adults with the knowledge to get them to the top.

Agree...I've thought this to be true for them for many years...always felt their work ethic trumped the raw talent...or better to say that talent that was a little raw was molded by their staff into greatness...I'm just not getting that vibe lately...

• Like 2

Was leaving Planet Fitness this morning and who do I see?  Gino Cipriani was just coming in.  I've never met him before so I introduced myself and had a short conversation about Boston.  I tried to ask him about this year's show and he just mentioned a little about the music.  He also stated that they are making the show more difficult this year and that it will have a story from start to finish.  He was very friendly.  I hope to see him there again some time and chat about drum corps.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, sched88 said:

Was leaving Planet Fitness this morning and who do I see?  Gino Cipriani was just coming in.  I've never met him before so I introduced myself and had a short conversation about Boston.  I tried to ask him about this year's show and he just mentioned a little about the music.  He also stated that they are making the show more difficult this year and that it will have a story from start to finish.  He was very friendly.  I hope to see him there again some time and chat about drum corps.

This might be the motivation I need to join Planet Fitness!  I live in Mechanicsburg.  Which location was this?

By the way, I voted for Cadets here.  They have quite a few returning members, and they are motivated.  I think they'll surprise some people.  Either way, I hope they ALL have shows I can get into, for the ENTIRE 12 minutes.  2017 wasn't one of my favorite years, that's for sure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sched88 said:

LOL hi neighbor....I see him at Giant all the time. Very nice guy indeed.

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

This might be the motivation I need to join Planet Fitness!  I live in Mechanicsburg.  Which location was this?

By the way, I voted for Cadets here.  They have quite a few returning members, and they are motivated.  I think they'll surprise some people.  Either way, I hope they ALL have shows I can get into, for the ENTIRE 12 minutes.  2017 wasn't one of my favorite years, that's for sure.

I can see it now....drum corps stalkers at Planet Fitness LOL. Most entertainment that side of town's had in a while LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Tommeee said:

You live in Mechanicsburg too?  Wow!  It's the Planet Fitness on Gettysburg Pike. You can see it from US 15 close to Stauffer's of Kissel Hill and Hoss's.  I didn't know I had drum corps people so close to me.  I thought I was the only fan in the area.  This area isn't very drum corps friendly from my experience. I get made fun of for liking it.  Good to know there are others here. We should meet for dinner some time and discuss drum corps!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

LOL hi neighbor....I see him at Giant all the time. Very nice guy indeed.

Hey drum corps neighbor!  I go to the Giant you're talking about but never saw him there. Good to know there are others near me.  

13 minutes ago, sched88 said:

You live in Mechanicsburg too?  Wow!  It's the Planet Fitness on Gettysburg Pike. You can see it from US 15 close to Stauffer's of Kissel Hill and Hoss's.  I didn't know I had drum corps people so close to me.  I thought I was the only fan in the area.  This area isn't very drum corps friendly from my experience. I get made fun of for liking it.  Good to know there are others here. We should meet for dinner some time and discuss drum corps!

I'm sure there are a ton of drum corps fans out there you don't know about. Mechanicsburg Area High School is a solid high school marching band and there were at least 10 kids from there auditioning for Cadets. I'm willing to bet that there's a decent following out there :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, icemansun said:

I'm sure there are a ton of drum corps fans out there you don't know about. Mechanicsburg Area High School is a solid high school marching band and there were at least 10 kids from there auditioning for Cadets. I'm willing to bet that there's a decent following out there :)

You know I thought that too.  There are plenty of competitive marching bands in the area but a lot of the people in my circles never heard of drum corps or think marching band is stupid.  I know there has to be others out there but I just never seem to run into them.  I don't see other people wearing any corps t-shirts or anything else to identify them as fans.