New Tax "Reforms" offering D.C. Benefits

7 hours ago, BRASSO said:

I used to love the N.E.  winters up north... skiing, sledding, snowmobiling, snowboarding, etc. Now I  just want out. We winter in Florida for 3-4 months now. Leaving in a few weeks. Its supposed to have record breaking wind chill factors in Boston region of minus 12- 16 degrees the next couple of days. Oh Gawd, that'll make me potentially housebound and homicidal if I'm not careful.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

.My plan is to spend three months in Florida every winter when the hubs retires.   It’s 11 degrees here tonight and we’re expecting a high of 3 degrees Saturday.  I’m trying to embrace winter this year. 

:laughing:

Why not join the New Year's Eve party in Minneapolis where it will be a balmy -15 ambient temp. I heard that the big bash will be on the roof of the Mall of America with special guest Al Gore just wearing Speedos due to the world getting so hot!!

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Stu said:

Why not join the New Year's Eve party in Minneapolis where it will be a balmy -15 ambient temp. I heard that the big bash will be on the roof of the Mall of America with special guest Al Gore just wearing Speedos due to the world getting so hot!!

I will never go north of Illinois in the winter ever again :laughing:

3 hours ago, Stu said:

Temperatures in much of the world (most of Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Antarctica, parts of South America, and the western U.S.) actually are above average right now, relative to normal temperatures this time of year, so if you really have a desire to see the former vice president so dressed, there are plenty of other places he could comfortably model for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Temperatures in much of the world (most of Asia, Europe, Australia, Africa, and Antarctica, parts of South America, and the western U.S.) actually are above average right now, relative to normal temperatures this time of year, so if you really have a desire to see the former vice president so dressed, there are plenty of other places he could comfortably model for you.

"Lighten up Francis" - Sgt Hulka (Stripes)

Have some spiked eggnog; enjoy the new year parties; and do not take life, especially jokes, so seriously!!

18 hours ago, garfield said:

This is just not accurate, Jeff.  "...the more our borrowing costs go,..."  Exactly WHO is charging WHOM for the debt of the US? 

It took me 20 years to understand how the Fed and our Treasury debt works.

I understand how it works. very well. and every time the debt goes up, it costs us all. And with Congress in perpetual kicking it down the road mode for the last 10 years, it's only going to get worse for future generations. Sadly our government is filled with too many people that think they understand finance 9 and many other topics) that actually don't know their ### from a hole in the ground.

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

.My plan is to spend three months in Florida every winter when the hubs retires.   It’s 11 degrees here tonight and we’re expecting a high of 3 degrees Saturday.  I’m trying to embrace winter this year. 

:laughing:

i've told winter to #### off. it hasn't listened yet

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Stu said:

"Lighten up Francis" - Sgt Hulka (Stripes)

Have some spiked eggnog; enjoy the new year parties; and do not take life, especially jokes, so seriously!!

Ah... if you thought I was being serious, that suggests you really do want to see Al Gore in a speedo. :unsure: