Cavaliers v.s. Bluecoats

Cavaliers v.s. Bluecoats, who do you think will score and finish higher in 2018?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Cavaliers v.s. Bluecoats, who do you think will score and finish higher in 2018?

• Bluecoats
    • Cavaliers

Hi everyone,

welcome to episode 5 of my corps match up series. In this episode, we will be looking the Cavaliers and the Bluecoats. Looking back at the 2017 season, the Bluecoats did some tremendous things. They continued to move away from “traditional drum corps” and are exploring new ways to perform their shows on the field. They finished 5th with a 95.163 at finals. For the Cavaliers, they still kept their traditional corps look in their uniform but it’s slowly becoming more fainter and fainter year by year. Also, the Cavalier did an amazing thing the night of finals. They managed to slide ahead of the Bluecoats and went from 5th to 4th. They finished finals with a 95.200. Having said all that, who do you think will score and finish higher in 2018. Please vote in the poll above and we will find out!

• Like 1

Both are fun corps to watch. I hope both of them find a way to evolve from 2016 and 2017. For me, the Bluecoats' frequent body bend and leg sway is growing old already. The Cavaliers' intense chaos has been fun, but I'm ready for something different. Love the Bluecoats' music selections; anxious for The Cavies to bother to play something for more than 10 seconds.

I give the edge to The Cavaliers in 2018. An anniversary year + expecting the smart people leading the corps will change things up a bit (yet again) and give us bigger musical moments that will payoff in scores.

• Like 2

Cavies are doing all the right things. But Coats seem to do better in even numbered years

• Like 2

I'm giving the slight edge to the Cavaliers because they just brought in what I believe will be the final piece of the puzzle in their quest for the medal stand (hiring Kevin LaBoeuf to lead the brass). The Bluecoats are a wild card to me; they could either stay put in the 4-6 tier (mainly due to the competition all around them), or they could make a Crown 2015-esque bounce back to the medal stand. Show design and membership chemistry will be crucial factors for them.

• Like 1

I always go with momentum and Cavies are trending up and Bluecoats are trending down so I’ll go with Cavies. I feel Bluecoats are getting more experienced marchers but sometimes that can backfire as it intimidates audition applicants and not enough talent shows up to maintain position and overcome design

I don’t trust either yet as a year to year lock for the medals as both have turned in design duds recently

the top 3 next year feels pretty open with the exception of Blue Devils 

• Like 4

Bloo.

Still at a loss as to how that mess of a Mars show edged out Canton at finals.

• Like 5

While I (eventually) respected the concept, I really did not care for Cavaliers' show last summer and was baffled that the judges preferred it to Bluecoats'. But as with all these threads, I want both corps to do as well as possible, and it's certainly gratifying that Cavs seem to have pulled out of their slump of a few years back.

• Like 2

Momentum is all I can go on at the moment, so on that basis, will give the slightest of edge to the Cavaliers here. But I sure wouldn't bet the farm on it at the moment .( haha..)

• Like 1

I do not say this as a put down because I generally enjoy their shows, but Bluecoats shows seem to be paired. I found 2012 and 2013 similar, 2014 and 2015 similar, and 2016 and 2017 similar. For this reason I'm expecting something different from Bluecoats. Speaking of pairs, 2016 and 2017 Cavies were similar in many ways, which again is not a putdown. I do give the advantage to Bluecoats, but also feel Boston Crusaders will be the spoiler that both need to watch.

• Like 3