2018 Programs & Playlist

Mandarins announced their full rep for their production of “Life Rite After.”

Movement 1: String Quartet #8 In C Minor, Op. 110 - 2. Allegro Molto (Dmitri Shostakovich) 
Movement 2: Spiriti (Thomas Doss) 
Movement 3: True Colors (Tom Kelly / Billy Steinberg) 
Movement 4: Spiriti (Thomas Doss)

http://mandarins.org/news/news.html#06132018

Here’s “Spiriti” on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/palxvJMFQlI

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Colts' repertoire seems not to have been updated for a while. Besides the pieces listed in the original post, they also played at least Billy Joel's "Big Shot" (for weeks, I kept thinking: "I know that tune; what is it?") and, as was repeatedly noted in Thursday's cinema screening, Michel Legrand's "A Piece of Sky" from Yentl.

50 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Colts' repertoire seems not to have been updated for a while. Besides the pieces listed in the original post, they also played at least Billy Joel's "Big Shot" (for weeks, I kept thinking: "I know that tune; what is it?") and, as was repeatedly noted in Thursday's cinema screening, Michel Legrand's "A Piece of Sky" from Yentl.

I didn't know anyone paid attention to this after the season started...I was not even aware of the change...

A friend of mine pointed out to me that BAC dubbed in Message in a Bottle by Sting in the opener Salvation is Created...I totally missed it to be honest and I listen to BAC a lot...

Edited by Liahona

9 hours ago, Liahona said:

I didn't know anyone paid attention to this after the season started...I was not even aware of the change...

A friend of mine pointed out to me that BAC dubbed in Message in a Bottle by Sting in the opener Salvation is Created...I totally missed it to be honest and I listen to BAC a lot...

Yeah that Sting sample has been in there for most of the season, during which time I've been worried that means those few seconds will be muted on the DVD.

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Their full repertoire is on dcxmuseum.com.

• 3 months later...

Are we ready for the 2019 thread yet? 

Or is it too soon?

Seems like it's always too soon until it begins and when it begins, it's almost over :(

• 2 months later...
On 11/19/2018 at 8:59 PM, BoyWonder1911 said:

Are we ready for the 2019 thread yet? 

YES ITS 2019 ! 

On 11/19/2018 at 8:59 PM, BoyWonder1911 said:

@Liahona I think it's time to start a new Programs & Playlist thread...

(Also, if you squint really hard, you might be able to make out the title...)