Liahona

2018 Programs & Playlist

The Cavaliers are excited to bring both Madness and Creativity to the field in 2018 with these musical selections:

Black Angels - George Crumb

The Triumph of Time - Peter Graham

Boléro - Maurice Ravel

Rose of Arimethea - Hans Zimmer

Orawa - Wojciech Kilar

Vanishing Act - Lou Reed

Alicia Discovers Nash’s Dark World - James Horner

Unraveled - Michael Martin, Michael McIntosh, Alan Miller

Oh What a World - Rufus Wainwright

Edited by drummer5485
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, drummer5485 said:

The Cavaliers are excited to bring both Madness and Creativity to the field in 2018 with these musical selections:

Black Angels - George Crumb

The Triumph of Time - Peter Graham

Boléro - Maurice Ravel

Rose of Arimethea - Hans Zimmer

Orawa - Wojciech Kilar

Vanishing Act - Lou Reed

Alicia Discovers Nash’s Dark World - James Horner

Unraveled - Michael Martin, Michael McIntosh, Alan Miller

Oh What a World - Rufus Wainwright

Cavaliers Rep has been added to the YouTube Playlist "Drum Corps 2018"

Mandarins announced their full rep for their production of “Life Rite After.”

Movement 1: String Quartet #8 In C Minor, Op. 110 - 2. Allegro Molto (Dmitri Shostakovich) 
Movement 2: Spiriti (Thomas Doss) 
Movement 3: True Colors (Tom Kelly / Billy Steinberg) 
Movement 4: Spiriti (Thomas Doss)

http://mandarins.org/news/news.html#06132018

Here’s “Spiriti” on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/palxvJMFQlI

Colts' repertoire seems not to have been updated for a while. Besides the pieces listed in the original post, they also played at least Billy Joel's "Big Shot" (for weeks, I kept thinking: "I know that tune; what is it?") and, as was repeatedly noted in Thursday's cinema screening, Michel Legrand's "A Piece of Sky" from Yentl.

50 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Colts' repertoire seems not to have been updated for a while. Besides the pieces listed in the original post, they also played at least Billy Joel's "Big Shot" (for weeks, I kept thinking: "I know that tune; what is it?") and, as was repeatedly noted in Thursday's cinema screening, Michel Legrand's "A Piece of Sky" from Yentl.

I didn't know anyone paid attention to this after the season started...I was not even aware of the change...

A friend of mine pointed out to me that BAC dubbed in Message in a Bottle by Sting in the opener Salvation is Created...I totally missed it to be honest and I listen to BAC a lot...

Edited by Liahona

9 hours ago, Liahona said:

I didn't know anyone paid attention to this after the season started...I was not even aware of the change...

A friend of mine pointed out to me that BAC dubbed in Message in a Bottle by Sting in the opener Salvation is Created...I totally missed it to be honest and I listen to BAC a lot...

Yeah that Sting sample has been in there for most of the season, during which time I've been worried that means those few seconds will be muted on the DVD.

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Their full repertoire is on dcxmuseum.com.