Cavalier January Camp 2018

20 hours ago, oldbandguy said:

Great to hear the January camp went well, but I have to ask...what is "more of a DVD approach to sound?"

It's what xandandl said.   Leboeuf is a Crown product, and he is now the brass caption manager, so he's bringing in aspects of that Donnie Van Doren (DVD) pedagogy and concept of sound...  

21 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Offend?  No way!  I just love the "hope springs eternal" enthusiasm of drum corps fans. 

Haha, now go pick on Newseditor44 and his camp review of Crown.

He think they're at least as good as last year, and they won brass...

...and I believe him!

38 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

It's what xandandl said.   Leboeuf is a Crown product, and he is now the brass caption manager, so he's bringing in aspects of that Donnie Van Doren (DVD) pedagogy and concept of sound...  

Oh good, I thought he meant the sound was gonna skip constantly until you give up and throw it out. I miss the tapes tbh.

• Haha 2

On 1/15/2018 at 5:30 PM, jjeffeory said:

It was all very entertaining, loud, and with good tone.  Leboeuf seems like a great fit as the brass caption manager.  He looks super young though. Good for him to be as good as he is at his craft at such a young age...

BITD they said similar things about Litteau, Zingali, Brubaker, Gaines, Weber, Prime, Hannum, DVD, Klesch, Aungst, McNutt, etc.  May he be as blessed.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3