All time shows: Seattle Cascades

Let's go 2 weeks in a row with corps that have had 1 finals appearance. The Cascades have been around a long time and we will take this week to honor and celebrate them!

What are your top 1-5 Cascades shows?

(Optional) What are your 1-3 least favorites from them?

You can go into as much or little detail as you like but please please try to keep things positive.

For a quick recap in case you missed it and/or want to add your contributions:

Week 1- Cavies- 2006 the Machine is the favorite and 2012 15 min of fame is the least favorite.

Week 2- Jersey Surf- 2012 Bridgemania favorite

Week 3- Blue Knights-1994 Trittico for bras band favorite. least  2001Blue Toons

Week 4- Spirit of Atlanta- 1980 favorite

Week 5- Carolina Crown- Favorite: 2015 Inferno; Least Favorite: 2017 ...It is

Week 6- The Mandarins- 2017 inside the ink for favorite.

Week 7- Boston Crusaders- 2000 RED is the favorite.

Week 8- Pioneer- 1996 Celtic Twilight is the favorite.

Week 9- Santa Clara Vanguard- 1999 Inventions for a New Millennium favorite. 1995 Not the Nutcracker least favorite.

Week 10- Oregon Crusaders 2014 Nevermore is the favorite

Week 11- The Crossmen- 1992 Songs for the Planet Earth is the favorite.

Week 12- The Cadets- 2011 Between Angels and Demons is the favorite. 2006 The Zone Part II least favorite.

Week 13 Corrps that are no longer with us. Every show is a winner!

Week 14 Genesis TIE 2016 Hell Hath No Fury and 2017 the other side of now.   Music City 2017 the tribe

Week 15 Madison Scouts- 1995 A Drum Corps Fan's Dream: A Day in the Life of a Bull Fighter. Least Favorite 2009 Relampago

Week 16- The Academy- favorite 2016 Drum Corpse Bride

I think this one should be a no-brainer for most people.

Favorite show: 
2002 - City Riffs - aka the only Cascades show that ever made Finals

HMs:
Back in the day, I enjoyed their 2004 (Nature's Confession) and 2005 (Airborne Symphony) shows a lot
More recently, I think they are in a definite upswing with great shows in 2015 (Intergalactic), 2016 (O), and 2017 (Set Free).  The 2017 show should have been in Semis - it sucks they got left out just because Spartans had a much better color guard

Least favorite:
I won't pick on their 2009 show as it was their first year back after being inactive, so instead I'll say...
2013 - Inescapable - just a poorly designed show with uninspiring music, sloppy visuals (with only 7 guard members) - the whole show just makes no impact whatsoever

• Thanks 1

I’ll have to vote the whole run from 2014 to 2017. Despite slipping in and out of semifinals, you can definitely tell the corps itself is on an upward trajectory, and each of these shows is enjoyable, well performed, re-watchable, and also an improvement on the year before. “Bird Set Free” is easily the most underrated show of 2017, and sits in the #1 spot of my list. 

HM: I watched the 2002 show for the first time a few weeks ago. Undeniably good. 

Favorites:

2014- “Turn”

I really dug this show. They took a pretty dull four seasons concept and had a lot of fun with it. I especially enjoyed the Firebird/Summertime mix.

2012- “Shinto”

Another really fun show. Relatively simple, design-wise, but a lot of fun nonetheless.

2002- “City Riffs”

A great show from what I consider to be the “golden age” of drum corps.

2015- “Intergalactic”

I like space-themed shows. While it wasn’t my favorite, it did feature some Star Trek music, which so few space-themed shows do.

2016- “Set Free”

This show was very well designed, and the Cadcades seemed to kick it up a few notches from years past.

My least favorite would have to be 2013’s “Inescapable.” It’s a good thing they apparently learned from that season, as 2014 on have been pretty good to our friends from Seattle.

2 hours ago, losnickes said:

I really dug this show. They took a pretty dull four seasons concept and had a lot of fun with it. I especially enjoyed the Firebird/Summertime mix.

They've done a really good job of that the last few years. I can't say a four seasons show, a space show, and a caged bird show scream exciting but they did some fantastic programming and hybrid arranging all three years that made for some SUPER fresh shows.  Shosty 10 and Sia last year, Black Hole Sun and Jupiter in 2015 which is by FAR my favorite thing from them, and all parts of the four seasons show in 2014 were really nice pairings.  I'm hoping that doesn't go away with their recent staff changes.  

Favorites:

• 2015 - Intergalactic
  • 2016 - O
  • 2002 - City Riffs
  • 2014 - Turn
  • 2001 - The Veneration
  • 2017 - Bird Set Free
  • 2011 - Pandora 

Least Favorite:

• I don't like doing these but 2013 was just kind of a show.  It hurt to see them shrinking and dwindling down year after year up to that point.  They REALLY turned that ship around in 2014.