All time shows: Blue Devils

Shout out to '91 getting so many mentions. Notably one of their lowest percussion contributions of all time. They didn't execute well visually. Yet the brass package and execution was so incredible. And visual design was good too. Nice that it still gets such love. :thumbs-up:

4 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Shout out to '91 getting so many mentions. Notably one of their lowest percussion contributions of all time. They didn't execute well visually. Yet the brass package and execution was so incredible. And visual design was good too. Nice that it still gets such love. :thumbs-up:

That horn line that year... holy mackerel.    One of the best ever, anywhere.

Edited by Fran Haring

5 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

That horn line that year... holy mackerel.    One of the best ever, anywhere.

I have sat in the blast zones for some of the greatest horn lines DCI has to offer, most recently 2013 Crown. But still to this day, BD's 91 horn line is the only one that made me want to sue the BD organization for hearing loss. 93 BD is not far behind. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I have sat in the blast zones for some of the greatest horn lines DCI has to offer, most recently 2013 Crown. But still to this day, BD's 91 horn line is the only one that made me want to sue the BD organization for hearing loss. 93 BD is not far behind. 

LOL!!! Love it!!!

I saw the Devils in '91 at the Giants Stadium show in NJ... field level, 50-yard line (I was the PA announcer).  Their horn line was absolutely killin' it that night. Unbelievable sound. And you're right... way up there on the volume meter when needed!!! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

I've told this story before, but the '02 Devils did that for me.  We were in the AlamoDome, and when they hit the big reprise in I've Got Rhythm/Fascinating Rhythm, when they bring out the drum rack, all you could hear was literally distortion.  No brass, no drums, nothing - just a giant wall of white noise.  They get done and all of us are going "holy cow," then I look down and see the lady in front of me holding a baby - who slept through the whole thing!  Never heard anything like that before or since.

Mike

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MikeN said:

They get done and all of us are going "holy cow," then I look down and see the lady in front of me holding a baby -...

Mike

This was the point I was half expecting to read, "...and she actually THREW it!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 2