What you want for 2018

18 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Jim and Andy are both lifers, too.   Jim’s dad was in drum corps like your dad was.

Count me in that group, too...Dad marched with St. Vincent's Cadets in the mid/late 50's...

• Like 1

On 2/17/2018 at 9:55 PM, Terri Schehr said:

I wish.  I am actually that old.  I saw my first drum corps show as a 6th grader in 1968.  The Illinois state fair show.  

1967 for me... the year my older brothers joined a local junior corps in NJ.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dans said:

We must have been at the same show. I was three weeks old at my first show as well. Our dads were friends and in the same corps...it's possible!

the number of shows we have both been at has to be monstrous.

and your dad was one of my dad's idols

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the number of shows we have both been at has to be monstrous.

and your dad was one of my dad's idols

Yep, I have been to many drum corps shows. And there have been many changes along the way. I must admit though, I still feel the same excitement I did years ago when I'm going to a drum corps show! Thanks for the kind words about my father. He and I were always fond of your dad!

4 hours ago, dans said:

Yep, I have been to many drum corps shows. And there have been many changes along the way. I must admit though, I still feel the same excitement I did years ago when I'm going to a drum corps show! Thanks for the kind words about my father. He and I were always fond of your dad!

anyone who went through Westshore in that era looked up to your Dad. He was #### good....but humble about it. Same for the gang at Bucs when he went there. His work ethic, plus his talent...a rare breed in an era.

I still remember him giving me hell when I was 12 cause i wasn't marching yet LOL

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

anyone who went through Westshore in that era looked up to your Dad. He was #### good....but humble about it. Same for the gang at Bucs when he went there. His work ethic, plus his talent...a rare breed in an era.

I still remember him giving me hell when I was 12 cause i wasn't marching yet LOL

Hah! I was 13 when I started marching in the Westshoremen. And marching tympani no less...my back still hurts! And when I was maybe 15, I joined the Buccaneers. That was an eye opening experience (there were some crazy guys in the Bucs back then) for sure.

Thanks again for the kind words about my father...drum corps was his life.

Most importantly I hope everyone has a safe and healthy 2018 season !!

- no more bass synth or at the very LEAST turn it waaay down or be penalized severely 

- less mic'd brass and brass solos

- significantly reduce the musical contribution from the pit.

- reduce the size of the pit (wasn't the addition of amps almost fifteen years ago suppose to do this ?)

-  less (or better yet no) narration, signing and prerecorded narration