A Woman Marching for Madison: A member this time?

glory

52 minutes ago, glory said:

I don't understand. Surely you're not saying something as momentous as this is off limits for DCP? A girl in the Scouts and we're supposed to muzzle ourselves because it's only for 149 others marching with her to say? Not even the 150 who marched last year? Or the ones who will march next year? Or maybe even fans who care? You're going to have to explain this to me.

Maybe he feels you or anyone not ever being a Scout alum has any kind of a dog in the fight so to speak. Just participating in posting on DCP doesn't necessarily mean you need to comment on everything posted, although some posters feel compelled to share an opinion on everything it seems.   If any non member or non alum were to comment about a decision my former org was making I would personally have little regard for their opinion.  Go ahead and share, but it wouldn't mean very much to me. 

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Really?  Relampago wasn't an indicator that something is seriously wrong?  I think their problems run much deeper than whether they allow females as members. Like - what do they want their identity to be?  WTF was last year?  ...

I fear you won't believe, me, but I agree with you. Scouts have put some utterly embarrassing programs on the field this century. Last year might have been the worst. Worse than the awful Relampago, if you ask me.

At the same time, there has been this weirdness with women (admittedly more than a decade apart). You can't march a woman and say you're all male. Guest performer was a lie at best. This year they seem to have it right. She's in the show, she's in the corp: A member.

Different question whether that's right for Madison. Believe it or not, on that I don't have a view. 

Edited by glory

6 hours ago, BigBadMadMan said:

And will effective kill the Madison Scouts. Congrats! Another dead drum corps.

yeah adding guys into the guard just killed Phantom. (insert sarcasm here).

That said, I don't think long term Madison plans to integrate more than one offs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

Really?  Relampago wasn't an indicator that something is seriously wrong?  I think their problems run much deeper than whether they allow females as members. Like - what do they want their identity to be?  WTF was last year?  It's been schizophrenia on a football field with them since Scott Stewart was dumped. They have issues. I'm not sure the sex of their members would rank very high on the list of issues. And I say this in full agreement with the sentiment that as a private organization they can do what they want regarding membership 

this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

1 hour ago, glory said:

I don't understand. Surely you're not saying something as momentous as this is off limits for DCP? A girl in the Scouts and we're supposed to muzzle ourselves because it's only for 149 others marching with her to say? Not even the 150 who marched last year? Or the ones who will march next year? Or maybe even fans who care? You're going to have to explain this to me.

i'm saying all of this teeth gnashing and worrying is much ado about nothing. Granted it's far worse on the DCP Facebook page than it is here. Sure we can talk about it....but people are already adding conspiracy theories, prepping for the corps to die, pushing agendas one way or the other.....good Christ it's one girl for the first time in 13 years, and the 3rd time in 47

24 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

I guess they are being open minded and feel the sky actually isn't falling.

i've seen a mix, but most do in general seem to be very cool with it. Why? it looks like whatever they see helping the corps get back towards the top. I've seen and know some alumni very afraid it's a push to integrate. I don't think that's the goal.

22 minutes ago, glory said:

I fear you won't believe, me, but I agree with you. Scouts have put some utterly embarrassing programs on the field this century. Last year might have been the worst. Worse than the awful Relampago, if you ask me.

At the same time, there has been this weirdness with women (admittedly more than a decade apart). You can't march a woman and say you're all male. Guest performer was a lie at best. This year they seem to have it right. She's in the show, she's in the corp: A member.

Different question whether that's right for Madison. Believe it or not, on that I don't have a view on that. 

yeah #### their founder Bill Howard for putting his daughter out there in 1971. Oh wait, that's the first time drum corps died right?

Manufactured controversy to gain attention in an attempt to remain relevant in the off season

Why else release this without context or show info?

Slightly annoying as a cheap play by their media team, bad hype

As to ‘the issue’, it’s amazing how little I care

• Like 1