All time shows: Bluecoats

I know that its " after the bell", but 2015 Bluecoats" Kinetic Noise " show will be looked at years down the road as a ground breaker in the creative production of engineered enhanced sound from a DCI  Brass Line, imo.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

03 and 04 seem to be forgotten years 

That's interesting, since IMHO 2004 was the year that they really made a turn towards being a consistently ELITE group. The drumline that year could really play as well.  I remember commenting to a buddy after seeing them in Murfressboro that year, "That's the best Bluecoats D&BC I've ever seen/heard."

Edited by ibexpercussion
Spelling error
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

I have to admit that I am surprised to see a low turnout for 2011 and 2013. I admit neither made my top 5 but both were great shows.

2011 after the opener took a dive. They tried to do that quadraphonic sound and it just didn’t work, they had to break out speakers a few years later to fake it

2013 has one of their best music books ever (if I ignore some nasty synth patches backing solos which is basically impossible) but their visual was clunky. They spent a lot of time trying to work the bleachers but the visual effect never paid off. The bleachers worked far better as ramps for 2014. They marched super dirty that year too

Both shows were important as they utilized ideas they’d refine and better implement for their medal runs but on their own, a bit too flawed. Not all the risks they take pay off

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I know that its " after the bell", but 2015 Bluecoats" Kinetic Noise " show will be looked at years down the road as a ground breaker in the creative production of engineered enhanced sound from a DCI  Brass Line, imo.

I 100% agree with you.  In addition to your comments I felt it was underscored. From an execution standpoint I feel the corps was at it's best so far in 2015...but I am not well versed in color guard.

• Like 1

Shout out to Caravan for the 3rd spot. Just shows how much DCP loves Latin/Jazz shows.

• Like 1