All time shows: Troopers

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Back then the equipment work was based on the Manual of Arms.  Today it is based on dance.

Is spinning and tossing a rifle part of the Manual of Arms?

Not trying to sound snarky here... I honestly don't know.

Just watched the video of Troop's 2014 "America the Beautiful" closer. That was a great show.

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1

There used to be a full video online of the corps' 1975 show on YouTube, but now I can't find it.  Can only find a vid of the opener that year.

Don't know if this is a case of stuff being removed from the Web, or my search skills needing a tuneup.  LOL.

Well we have a tie here between 1985 and 2009.

Anyone care to break it?

26 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Well we have a tie here between 1985 and 2009.

Anyone care to break it?

• Like 1

Then 1985 it is. What a great discussion about the Troopers! Probably the most attention they have had on DCP in a long time

On 3/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, Fran Haring said:

I was more referring to hand placements, weapons angles, & stuff like that.  You could get ticked for not having these correct, & Guard members had to master these basics before they could even think about spinning or tossing a weapon.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
to use more better English
  • Like 2

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:39 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

I was more referring to hand placements, weapons angles, & stuff like that.  You could get ticked for not having these correct, & Guard members had to master these basics before they could even think about spinning or tossing a weapon.

I realize I'm bringing in a BD reference, but it relates to old school rifle squads...

There is a picture of a line of BD rifles, with Lee Doebler in front, and the rifles are frozen mid-toss in a perfect vertical line, and I think even their hand positions during the toss were also identical.  It is a fabulous photo.  Anyone from that time says, "Yes!  That's it!  That's what it is supposed to look like!"  They spent hours perfecting spin timing and every angle.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:59 PM, Fran Haring said:

No it wasn't, Early on in winter guard days circuits who still used this manual of arms, a program would literally stop, do the manual of arms, then continue. This and other traditions as of that point ( sometime around the mid to late 70s  depending on the circuit ) would change as shows became more beginning to end products eliminating the obstructions that were fading into history.

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1