Oregon Crusaders 2018

In light of Oregon's 2018 program, it may be of interest here that The Shining has just been added to the National Film Registry, as announced today in the 30th iteration of the Library of Congress's annual selection of films chosen for "their cultural, historic and aesthetic importance to the nation’s film heritage" and thus meant to be given special attention by their archivists.

• Like 1

Here's a link to the announcement at the Library of Congress:

https://www.loc.gov/item/prn-18-144/

Here's what the LOC says about The Shining:

"Director Stanley Kubrick’s take on Stephen King’s terrifying novel has only grown in esteem through the years. The film is inventive in visual style, symbolism and narrative as only a Kubrick film can be. Long but multi-layered, 'The Shining' contains stunning visuals — rivers of blood cascading down deserted hotel hallways, disturbing snowy mazes and a mysterious set of appearing and disappearing twins — with iconic performances by Jack Nicholson and Shelley Duvall."

Other films added to this year's list range from an 1898 short actuality to 2005's Brokeback Mountain (which becomes the most recent film on the registry).

I look forward to O.C.'s 2043 show, "I Wish I Knew How to Quit You".

• Like 1

14 hours ago, year1buick said:

Well, if they want to stick with Kubrick, Eyes Wide Shut could make for some, um, interesting GE.

I'd love a 2001: A Space Odyssey show. Of course, the opener would have to be Also Sprach Zarathustra, and maybe Blue Danube as a production number. The Ligeti pieces could serve as transition points between movements.

3 hours ago, corps8294 said:

A Clockwork Orange. :laugh::thumbup:

Will never happen.  Musically first rate concept but how do you portray the rape & rape/murder essential to the plot?  

However, it would seem that OC has other issues right now

Edited by IllianaLancerContra

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I'd love a 2001: A Space Odyssey show. Of course, the opener would have to be Also Sprach Zarathustra, and maybe Blue Danube as a production number. The Ligeti pieces could serve as transition points between movements.

OMG YES THIS.