Oregon Crusaders 2018

Catch it while you can: The Oregon Crusaders are currently listed as being tied for the lead in DCI.org's corps rankings.

https://www.dci.org/scores/rankings

Talk about beneath the radar.  We never knew.

Edited by PamahoNow
context

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. So this can be found by @luv4corps who got some info regarding an accident on the road prior to the Denver show.

(Pro tip: the website search engine is clunky for finding the “official thread.” I have better luck using the app, finding the corps, then posting from the app. I had to do this to find the Mandarins thread early season too.)

posted from the DrumScorps app

Posting here what @luv4corps posted in the DATR thread.

OC could use some love, prayers, positive thoughts, whatever you do best.  On the way to the Denver show they had an accident.  The color guard bus rear ended the brass bus due to a sudden stop the entire fleet needed to make.  I don't know all the details but I know some performers were not in the show last night because of this accident.  There were minor injuries as well as shock reactions and at least one other corps stepped up after the show to assist in getting OC to their next housing site.  

I believe everyone is all right but I have to give them a big thumbs up for performing as if nothing happened last night!  I didn't know any of this until today.

Also, I have searched three times for the Oregon Crusaders 2018 thread and can't find it so I posted here.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

:56_anguished:

Very sorry to hear this. Prayers for the performer with the injury.  And hope for the corps to find a replacement.

• Like 1

Oh no!  The bathtub lady!  I hope the dancer has a quick recovery.  Fingers crossed for OC to find a replacement.  The show is REALLY starting to take off.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

Got to review the SA performance a few times before it was taken down. After being vocally critical of the show after seeing it live at DATR a week before SA (and only because OC is one of my favorite corps and I always have high expectations for the bizarreness & intensity of their shows!), the show has really grown nicely, and honestly, in a much quicker manner than I thought it would. The voiceovers & Shining additions that have been made to the show really make it pop now, and filled a very obvious void. Uninvited seems to have been reworked, and while it's now a bit short & hurried, the impact at least makes good musical sense and is quite clear musically. The Danse Macabre waltz section is still a ton of fun. I think my favorite change --- the giant blood flags at the end are now readable, and that changes everything!!!! At DATR, the flag work was so out of sync I initially read it as intentional random chaos. Watching SA, it is written ensemble work that has now been cleaned up and is very readable....and man does it make that ending a thousand times more impactful!! Now if Oregon Crusaders can just fix the other point that perpetually vexes me --- that the corps can never seem to clean up by Indy ; ) But really, the changes were rapid and sharp and really ramped up the clarity of the show. Love it!

• Like 1

Nice run tonight in Atlanta, OC.  Congrats to the color guard - 17th!!

• 2 weeks later...
July 16, KVG_DC said:

Posting here what @luv4corps posted in the DATR thread.

OC could use some love, prayers, positive thoughts, whatever you do best.  On the way to the Denver show they had an accident.  The color guard bus rear ended the brass bus due to a sudden stop the entire fleet needed to make.  I don't know all the details but I know some performers were not in the show last night because of this accident.  There were minor injuries as well as shock reactions and at least one other corps stepped up after the show to assist in getting OC to their next housing site.  

I believe everyone is all right but I have to give them a big thumbs up for performing as if nothing happened last night!  I didn't know any of this until today.

Also, I have searched three times for the Oregon Crusaders 2018 thread and can't find it so I posted here.

Gone now, let's keep it that way

posted from the DrumScorps app

• 4 months later...

Test.