Time to Wrap This Up... LOL

I posted this on my FB page, and figured I'd share it here as well.

This summer of 2018 will be my last one announcing DCA drum corps shows. (For the foreseeable future at the very least.)

Various reasons... but mostly, it is simply time. When I started doing DCA gigs in 1983, I never intended it to be a “forever” thing. So I figure 35 years is a nice round number. LOL. My spring/summer schedule, as it stands right now, is listed below.

I hope to continue to emcee a spring indoor event or two, and the Crossmen Alumni and Friends performance in Allentown, PA, for as long as they all will have me... and who knows where else I might pop up, if at all.

But on the DCA side... it’s time to give “just being a fan” a try. My sincere thanks to the Reilly Raiders, Crossmen Alumni, and DCA’s Hawthorne Caballeros, Reading Buccaneers, and Bushwackers for giving me the opportunity to work with them this year!!!

The schedule, as of now:
April 21: Burlington, NJ (Reilly Raiders indoor concert)
May 12: Elverson, PA (Reading Buccaneers indoor concert)
June 16: Wildwood, NJ (Hawthorne Caballeros)
July 7: Landisville, PA (Reading Buccaneers)
July 14: Clifton, NJ (Hawthorne Caballeros)
August 4: Allentown, PA (Crossmen Alumni and Friends event)
August 18: Woodbridge, NJ (Bushwackers)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Sad. I totally understand why, but your call at retreat in 1996 is something I can still hear in my head to this day.

Thank you for everything you did

• Like 2

You have become a comforting fixture at drum corps shows. Nothing better than having a show announcer who actually KNOWS what the performance is all about. Don't recall ever hearing you call our corps "bands."  I have heard you call some of them "other" things . . . . off mic, of course!

Job well done, Sir. Good luck in your new career!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

You have become a comforting fixture at drum corps shows. Nothing better than having a show announcer who actually KNOWS what the performance is all about. Don't recall ever hearing you call our corps "bands."  I have heard you call some of them "other" things . . . . off mic, of course!

Job well done, Sir. Good luck in your new career!

Fred, I certainly cannot thank you enough for you, and Mickey Petrone, taking a chance and giving a complete unknown (me) the opportunity to work that DCA title show in 1983. 

So... basically folks, if you haven't liked my work all these years, you can blame Fred and Mickey!!!  :lol:

No.  This is not allowed.  Then it's settled.  You're staying.

Seriously, I've always enjoyed hearing you call shows.  There's a particular show in 2003 (West Haven) and Finals that will forever live in my mind, and your calls of both of them are part of the reason.

Enjoy retirement!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck buddy and enjoy

• Like 1