The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

####### disgusting. I still support the corps, but Hop is finished and then some. 

Edited by JohnZ
filter circumvention
  • Like 1

Hard to see him surviving this story. Nine women with similar stories over 40 years is powerful. Nine women came forward, how many did not? I also find it difficult to believe no one would talk to the YEA investigator. YEA needs to move on this quickly before the summer is lost. 

• Like 2

I realize that nothing has been proven and we should all wait for that, but I also know several people in the organization (past and present) and this has been something hinted at for years.The people I know (mainly guard members from the past who marched in the 80s) know some of the women involved and 100% believe them. 

• Like 1

Not surprised at all about this. Hop drunkenly kissed me on the cheek at a fellow alum's wedding once, ew. I just hope this doesn't destroy the organization or the activity. I marched for 3 years and I practically owe my life to this activity and this organization because I gained so much from it and it was truly an amazing experience. What unfortunate publicity for an activity that so few people know about. 

• Like 2

Just saw the article and it made me physically ill. 

The Cadets were always my hometown corps (I grew up in Bergen County.)  I'm still struggling to get my head around this.

5 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Certainly nowhere near the emotions that the Riley twins, Debra Barcus, Megh Toth and his other victims have been experiencing for decades. And as with many perpetrators, I would suspect the fact that he got away with it so long only caused him to be more confident in continuing to do so. He probably wasn't too worried.

Exactly. I am having very little sympathy towards anyone who (allegedly) did this or allowed it to happen. I am far more concerned with the victims here. Nine women spoke out now, I have to wonder how many more may finally feel safe enough to do so now that the story is out there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2