The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I can't imagine that it would come to that, but the idea of removing The Cadets entirely from DCI events is ridiculous and would mostly just hurt the current members.  

There were so many Penn State fans who I heard say something like this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yet another board of directors who could find absolutely no evidence.  But the newspaper could.  This is such a pattern.  Sad.  Talk about enablers.  Cadets is more than one person and will survive and thrive......assuming the correct actions are taken SOON to remove the director.

I sat next to YEA BOD's Chairman last season at a show - shockingly predictable he would find no evidence - incompetent.

Edited by Jim Schehr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yet another board of directors who could find absolutely no evidence.  But the newspaper could.  This is such a pattern.  Sad.  Talk about enablers.  Cadets is more than one person and will survive and thrive......assuming the correct actions are taken SOON to remove the director.

To be fair, the newspaper did not find "evidence".  They found people who would talk.  It's important to realize that it isn't the same thing.

Also, I'm not saying I don't believe it.  That's not for me to say, one way or the other.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

There were so many Penn State fans who I heard say something like this.

Yep, and it was ridiculous for PSU to be removed from competition then, also.

Edited by Tommeee
typed too fast and forgot a word!

1 minute ago, Tommeee said:

To be fair, the newspaper did not find "evidence".  They found people who would talk.  It's important to realize that it isn't the same thing.

Also, I'm not saying I don't believe it.  That's not for me to say, one way or the other.  

Agreed, but the article also mentioned that no women spoke with the board. That makes me wonder if they were approached, if they didn't trust the board, or something else. 

Whatever happens, this is a pretty critical time for DCI. The corps and high school band world is so very intertwined, this has to be handled properly or there will be long-term repercussions.

For just one example, it's already hard enough to find housing for all corps at all shows. Having something like this hanging over the activity will only make it that much harder, especially if it's not handled well. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

Yep, and it was ridiculous for PSU to be removed from competition then, also.

Refresh my memory, when was PSU removed from competition? (They weren't) Yes, they faced very serious penalties (most of which were ended early) but they never missed a football game. 

1 minute ago, Tommeee said:

Yep, and it was ridiculous for PSU to removed from competition then, also.

I was in the 1976 Crossmen that was removed from competition because corps management allowed an overage member.  I was not over-age and neither was most of the corps.  Yet, we were punished.  Same thing happened to the Bridgemen and Muchachos earlier.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OrlandoContraAlum said:

Refresh my memory, when was PSU removed from competition? (They weren't) Yes, they faced very serious penalties (most of which were ended early) but they never missed a football game. 

They were removed from bowl game eligibility.  So, yes, they did miss football.