The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

1 minute ago, Tommeee said:

They were removed from bowl game eligibility.  So, yes, they did miss football.  

Fair point. I stand corrected. 

54 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

The next question is "how many people in power knew and did nothing?"

:52_fearful:

2 minutes ago, barigirl78 said:

I was in the 1976 Crossmen that was removed from competition because corps management allowed an overage member.  I was not over-age and neither was most of the corps.  Yet, we were punished.  Same thing happened to the Bridgemen and Muchachos earlier.

I'm not knowledgeable about the details of the Crossmen, Bridgemen, or Muchachos.  But I stand by my opinion.  When a person does something wrong, THAT PERSON is the one who should be punished.  Not the organization as a whole.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Tony Flores said:

i think we all did...but didnt want to face facts. this is crushing TBH. 

no I literally knew. Timing and everything.

But I know people involved on all sides. my hearts out to all.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Tommeee said:

They were removed from bowl game eligibility.  So, yes, they did miss football.  

Uhhh...no   You have to qualify for bowl games.   They played the regular season.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

I can't imagine that it would come to that, but the idea of removing The Cadets entirely from DCI events is ridiculous and would mostly just hurt the current members.  

If George isn't immediately fired then once schools start hearing about this The Cadets are going to have a hard time finding a place to sleep this summer.

The sponsorships they are likely to lose are going to make it hard to pay the bills as well.

George being fired is the absolute minimum that YEA needs to do to weather this and I'd argue that the board needs to go as well.

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Yet another board of directors who could find absolutely no evidence.  But the newspaper could.  This is such a pattern.  Sad.  Talk about enablers.  Cadets is more than one person and will survive and thrive......assuming the correct actions are taken SOON to remove the director.

hang on...we don't know what the Board did or didnt find. I know people contacted by the boards attorney as recently as two weeks ago. Not all investigations wrap up in a week Mr. Mueller

2 minutes ago, 84BDsop said:

Uhhh...no   You have to qualify for bowl games.   They played the regular season.

PSU was NOT eligible for bowl games, despite winning enough games during the regular season to normally be considered eligible.  There is no reason to argue this fact.