The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just read that George resigned.

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, MikeD said:

Just read that George resigned.

Yes.. heard this as well, multiple sources reporting now. Hard to imagine his remaining after today.

2 minutes ago, Narrow said:

It pains me to read these stories. Makes my blood boil reading how Hopkins selfishly took advantage of pretty much the whole organization in such a disgusting and hurtful way, allegedly anyways but I believe these woman.

I think the Cadets are strong enough to survive this, but YEA must take these allegations seriously.

The Cadets will recover as the strong corps it is.  It may take some time and there are many people that will step up to the plate given the chance.

• Like 1

I hope there is a lot of restructuring.  No one person should have that kind of power without having to answer to anyone.  A quote comes to mind:  

Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men, even when they exercise influence and not authority, still more when you superadd the tendency or the certainty of corruption by authority.

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

Another thought that I've had all day... Is anybody else a little surprised that the Philadelphia Inquirer would run a story about a drum corps director in Allentown, PA? I can hear readers now: "drum corps? what is that? what do you mean he's a god? drum corps is your religion?" (and some of the comments at the bottom of the story reflect this)

It's a terrible story, and (if true) the guy deserves to be shamed in every venue. And women who experience this sort of thing should have a means to tell their story.

I'm not trying to diminish the magnitude of the story, but I would think the Cadets would be a small organization for such a large newspaper to profile so extensively. 

Allentown is not that far from Philadelphia so a Philly newspaper overnight the story is not that far fetched. Drum corps was so big in the Northeast I’m sure people would know what a drum corps is, but whether they know what type of a musical group it is does not matter, they know it involves young people who are minors or college students and that’s all they’d need to know. The size of the organization does not matter, the magnitude of the allegations  does. 

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I didn’t want to be the poster. Knew it was coming.

Wow. Just seeing this thread and the article now. You and a few others here have been hinting for months that news like this was forthcoming--and taking some knocks for it. Very sorry, but not surprised given your history of being right, to find that you were right once more.

What a shame.

• Like 1

YEA's site still has that individual listed.  Till he's off that list, I'm skeptical.

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Wow. Just seeing this thread and the article now. You and a few others here have been hinting for months that news like this was forthcoming--and taking some knocks for it. Very sorry, but not surprised given your history of being right, to find that you were right once more.

What a shame.

Hey alum.  Clean house, then call me.  I'll help.

• Like 1