The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, dcm_alum said:

Timing would be good for drum corps to have it's #MeToo moment right now.  There is no way this is an isolated story.

You can check out the reddit thread on this subject.  It doesn't appear to be isolated.

• Like 2

Good examples of how to deal with sexual preds:

Garrison Keillor

Al Franken

Both of these entertainers were much higher profile than GH - Garrison was taken down very quickly - all mention of him has been removed from the Minnesota Public Radio web site -- Garrison built Minnesota Public Radio into an empire - their current president and board sent him shipping quicker then a chicken catches a grasshopper in July - 

Took a bit longer for Franken - but claims directed toward his sexual harassment brought him down --

GH needs to be completely expunged from the drum corps activity - I don't want to see his name in any DCI history ever - the art that he had a hand in, contributed to - will live on - the performances of the members will live on --- the memory of GH is nothing but a cautionary tale --

5 minutes ago, baristeve said:

Later cadets!

You seem a little snarky with no sense of history nor the dramatic change this news imparts.

Your shallowness is more than a little grating, but I admit my emotions of nearly 40 years are a little raw and I might be unfairly harsh in my criticism.

Still, your lack of sensitivity is more than a little shocking, especially coming from a presumed music guy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Good examples of how to deal with sexual preds:

GH needs to be completely expunged from the drum corps activity - I don't want to see his name in any DCI history ever - the art that he had a hand in, contributed to - will live on - the performances of the members will live on --- the memory of GH is nothing but a cautionary tale --

I don't agree with this at all.  Sweeping his name under the carpet is NOT a way to deal with this in a meaningful way.