The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

42 minutes ago, BigW said:

Heck, I've dealt with people younger than that who display more sensibility and logic than folks three times their age. That comment's silly, to put it mildly.

It’s pretty arrogant too, IMO.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ms.L said:

Was thinking the same thing.....

Yes, I joined recently because I see THIS issue is serious... we could argue all day about amps or no amps, 2 or 3 valves... but this involves everyone.  I love drum corps and don't want to see it vanish or be vanquished.  My point is that actions by corps are going to be under so much more scrutiny than before, not just by DCI or the directors, but by parents, spectators, community members, sponsors.  Everyone involved should think before acting... is this the image I want to represent our activity?

Edited by JMS1995
additional data

3 minutes ago, garfield said:

Those participating on this thread have done a masterful job of containing emotion and not letting conversations become abusive or derailed.

You threaten that.  You're likely going to be reported and banned, ending your efforts to be controversial. 

You'd do well to back off your snark and tone down your rhetoric.

Otherwise, maybe the Facebook DCP is a better platform for your "campaign".

Right. We need to be nice to DCI and make sure everyone understands mistakes were made but we are reasonable people who don't get excited. Maybe after another 8 Hopkinses are in the papers, someone can stop excusing this stuff.

2 minutes ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

Right. We need to be nice to DCI and make sure everyone understands mistakes were made but we are reasonable people who don't get excited. Maybe after another 8 Hopkinses are in the papers, someone can stop excusing this stuff.

who is excusing these allegations...seems quite the opposite

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, year1buick said:

It’s pretty arrogant too, IMO.

Heck, yeah. Just thinking "what would I do if I were in the YEA driver's seat?"

The way employees have been treated there is a big deal. If I were the HMFIC... I'm thinking I might actually encourage them to unionize as the boss so that they have a strong contract and well defined safeguards in place to stop all of the shenanigans once and for all.

And for me to say that, that's a heavy thought.

6 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

I got to thinking and wonder how coincidental it is that YEA just changed its fiscal calendar to end the end of March. They just got tax stuff done for 2017 and Jan-March 2018. 

Hmmm... Veddy interestink.

• Like 1