The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

5 minutes ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

Right. We need to be nice to DCI and make sure everyone understands mistakes were made but we are reasonable people who don't get excited. Maybe after another 8 Hopkinses are in the papers, someone can stop excusing this stuff.

No, you misunderstand.  We must follow the rules of this forum as defined by the Consigliere and his minion, The Mods.

If the discussion gets even remotely volatile, as your choice of language likely reveals is your intent, you will be banned and your avenue for civil discussion will be cut off.  Facebook awaits.

I appreciate your emotion.  If you don't figure out how to show it more with more civility, I won't long have the pleasure of reading your thoughts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Haven't logged in here in many years, and probably won't be back again. Make no mistake; this is an exponentially bigger public relations nightmare than gymnastics, Penn State, or that Schneider guy at Nickelodeon.

One thought: It would be very wise for someone to check the social media accounts of a number of people, and download/archive everything, because those will very likely be scrubbed soon.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

No, the stuff before the public, published allegations.

Where do you think Hopkins came from?

These kinds of monsters are made - not born.

Im not sure they arent born like this BUT if we truly knew all those answers we would be able to maybe stop it, why do people cheat, kill, steal, lie, etc etc

Best  we can do is safeguard, educate, observe, speak out when seen, etc.

Edited by GUARDLING

8 minutes ago, drummergirl said:

I got to thinking and wonder how coincidental it is that YEA just changed its fiscal calendar to end the end of March. They just got tax stuff done for 2017 and Jan-March 2018. 

Great catch!  But likely No.

It makes sense that this activity settle its accounts on a March-September cycle.  Beginning of the season - end of the season.  Even if it's just a guess in this case.

Hard to see the financial benefit as a result of this change in light of what might have been presumed in January.

I'd like to hear more if you've thought of a benefit I hadn't...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, garfield said:

Great catch!  But likely No.

It makes sense that this activity settle its accounts on a March-September cycle.  Beginning of the season - end of the season.  Even if it's just a guess in this case.

Hard to see the financial benefit as a result of this change in light of what might have been presumed in January.

I'd like to hear more if you've thought of a benefit I hadn't...

Agree that it makes sense in the activity, however they are just now switching to that schedule. Why haven’t they had that schedule prior to now?

• Like 2

I know that BD and SCV take sexual harassment and instructor student relations very seriously.  I know instances of instructors/techs who have been fired for inappropriate relations.  The instructors or techs in these instances were not engaged with anyone underage, but that did not matter.  The instances I am aware of happened over twenty years ago, but even then there was a full investigation in each case and the instructors or techs were fired.  If someone on staff is even leering at a student they can be fired.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jaffo Nerr said:

OMG. 'Thinking' here = cases in fact known to you?

Who would have ever dreamed to just march D&B unabused you'd need a concealed carry permit.

EEK!

Hey, Mr. Troll. Come on in, and take an seat on DCP. Hows it goin ?

Troll Troll Troll

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

Im not sure they arent born like this BUT if we truly knew all those answers we would be able to maybe stop it, why do people cheat, kill, steal, lie, etc etc

Best  we can do is safeguard, educate, observe, speak out when seen, etc.

The fact that every one of these abused people didn't think they could go get any other member or instructor and deal justice to Hopkins is all you need to know. Every one of them should have marched in confidence they'd never have to accept abuse and that every member, alum and instructor would be behind them to respond appropriately if they were abused. No response = permission. That is what I mean by these monsters are made.