The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I do understand but when my kid went off to teach early on, I had a talk with him about professional behavior with students.  Arms length.  Do your  job but not too close.  

I make it a point to never be alone in an operatory with a patient. Ever. It’s just not worth the risk.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Yes.  I told him no hugging.  

Perfect. I never “needed” the training either. Moms rock. 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

That's exactly what I mean.

We all agree.  I love when that happens.  Seriously though, it’s sad that a simple innocuous show of affection can be misconstrued.  It kind of muddies the waters between real sexual harassment and just a hug.  The litigious world we live in. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, year1buick said:

I make it a point to never be alone in an operatory with a patient. Ever. It’s just not worth the risk.

When I was a recruiter, I made sure I was never alone with an applicant. It's a risk not worth taking.

• Like 1

Who is this poster that has come out of the woodwork?  Please do us all a favor and be gone if not done so already...

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

When I was a recruiter, I made sure I was never alone with an applicant. It's a risk not worth taking.

good practice

Up in  PA today visiting my fiancee, and we picked up an early-edition copy of the Sunday Philly Inquirer. Haven't had a chance yet to read the  entire article... it is something like four pages long. But when the headline screams the words "Drum Corps" and "Sexual Abuse"... needless to say, that is a public-relations nightmare for our activity. Holy mackerel. 

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Messaged you. 

Thanks Terri :)

• Thanks 1