The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Just a side note on Dan's statement that it could lead to dismissal....

DCI has set the bar on penalties for corps bad actions.....in if overage penalties ie forfieture of funds,  loss of performance, etc then penaltiesfor this type of allegation would have to be more severe, maybe look to ncaa to past penalties forfieture of championships etc... but it's a dark cloud over the activity and i hope it doesn't have too much of a effect  on the coming season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigW said:

Headed to the Baltimore Area Friday, Jeff. I think you've got me headed to Vaccaro's now for several. I blame yah. :laugh:

Heh... you're heading in while I'm heading out.  LOL

Up to NJ for the weekend for family stuff... and maybe a stop at Point Pleasant at the Shore Friday for some seafood, since the weather looks great.

53 minutes ago, BigW said:

Will stay on topic, but I would gladly discuss more of a lot of that whole incident (Joe-Bots, trial prep, etc.) over dinner with some of you any time.

Eat and discuss...... that? Not possible to keep the dinner down buddy

2 minutes ago, BigW said:

It can. I keep away from the squeamish stuff. Promise. :wink:

Two Division II state school guys discussing a Division I school  (cue evil laugh). And my sister went to a Division III school in PA so no mercy there either. (IUP and Delaware Valley fyi)

DCI HQ and YEA have not always been on the same page, and have had an undeniably strained relationship, and going way back too. Long time followers of DCI here no doubt recall that in 2010 it was YEA and its CEO ( George Hopkins ) at the time that, as part of their demands on DCI, wanted DCI's HQ  current Executive Director Dan Acheson dismissed and its revenue funding actually cut there at the DCI HQ in Indy. To state that Dan Acheson is not too happy with how YEA conducts its business with DCI HQ there over the years would be an understatement.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Regardless of the strained relationship, there is only so much they're empowered to do. And now that the source of the strained relationship has been excised We'll have to see of there's any vindictiveness. My guess is they'll take the high road.

4 minutes ago, BigW said:

Regardless of the strained relationship, there is only so much they're empowered to do. And now that the source of the strained relationship has been excised We'll have to see of there's any vindictiveness. My guess is they'll take the high road.

The last thing DCI wants to see is the Cadets gone. with Hop, and seemingly more and more people out daily, I don't expect vindictive behavior, but I sure as hell expect the rules and policies be tightened up pretty hard core.

• Like 5