The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Forget Hillary in prison, let’s put Hop in there 

Politics, smallitics.

16 minutes ago, Kyle B said:

I can't see the article since apparently I've viewed too many free articles, but Sean King was put in place by either the old board or by GH.  While this definitely not good optics, his title is interim after all.  

you can get the app philly.com and still see it.  I, too, used up my "free" views.

• Like 1

When did Cadets2 change their age policy to allow people over 25 or so? Hey I haven’t been able to follow but remember the gripes about their upper age limit.

38 minutes ago, BigW said:

Man.... Oh.... If that happened.... It's been years since I did any Grade A Heckling.... It would be too easy. :innocent:

Don't be so sure though, Although he is a very polarized individual, I have seen over the years some pretty sleazy people who have done things pretty equal walk into a show ( not saying which part of our activity ) and they walked in like a rock star. very sad but very true

Now it is Hop so it might be to easy and it's not like he cared about making lots of friends over the years, of course, unless he could get something from you.

22 minutes ago, totaleefree said:

This is still all based on accusations. For basic background checks to be a teacher or work with kids it only shows if you have been charged with a crime or maybe had a bankruptcy. I think that he has to be charged with something, until then there is nothing  legaly preventing him from working with a youth organization. I don't want a legal battle with huge costs killing the corps.  But as long as he has not been charged it could be difficult to ban him from that activity.

While technically true, with his high public profile in this and the national marching band community, (  not to mention this  bad national media coverage ) its highly doubtful if any school official, or youth org. official wants to commit political suicide by hiring this guy with decades of baggage that he is carrying around regarding alleged multiple incidents of alleged sexual assault/  rapes/drugging staffers, sexual intimidation and harrassment and so forth. So while he can't technically be banned, its hard to imagine George Hopkins is going to be hired by any school or youth organization while he still draws a breath on this earth.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

In keeping with the mob families movie theme...”Paulie...won’t see him no more...”

Hop to Atcheson:

"Dan, can you get me off the hook...for old times sake?"

"Can't do it, Hoppy."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Your snark skills are more impressive than DCA's brief statement. But thats not saying much, I know.

I do apologize, it was super snarky.  One of those things were you think something is funny and forget to turn on the ######## filter.

• Like 1