The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

Does find this to be close to the Bill Cosby accusations and proceedings? I think if you follow that we will see the future of Hopkins, that's if anyone of the victims were to actually follow through and take him to civil court.

10 hours ago, BigW said:

That... takes time to determine. DA's/prosecutors who do the right thing and seek to be fair to the Victims and Accused as well really make sure they have an ironclad case they've put together before they go public. It takes time to put something like that together the right way. Competent prosecutors really work hard at that. They last thing they want is to blow a case and let someone get away by being sloppy and hasty for publicity or to placate the madding crowd. Or, to jump the gun and accuse someone without enough of a case built up to succeed in front of a jury.

We'll have to see on that. It could take several months- maybe longer- for anything of that sort to happen. I wouldn't be surprised either way if something or nothing happens right now.

If there is a criminal investigation going on, the first thing the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania (CoP) will do is interview alleged victims as well as any potential witnesses (i.e., the 'George is being George; watch out for George') individuals from YEA perhaps DCI, etc.  They will also be corroborating any evidence - for example confirming the alleged shared hotel room in Indy.  Also,  as that incident was in Indiana, there will be jurisdiction issues (IN has a 10-year statute of limitations for rape; not sure exactly when that alleged assault occurred).

Once the police have a bunch of evidence, GH will likely be called in for an interview, read his Miranda rights, and asked questions (which he need not answer).

Then, if the district attorney (DA)  believes the case is strong enough, Geo. Hopkins will be indited.  Depending on how the police & DA run the investigation, this COULD happen immediately after the interview.  Only after all this is when he will be placed in the hoosegow.  Then he will likely be able to post bail, surrender his passport, & wait for the various court proceedings to occur.

Also, it is possible he will be offered a plea bargain; the internet says 90% of cases end this way.  Lawyers have told me (I am not an attorney, but I have interacted with so many (had 14 of them on speed-dial at a former job) that I am sometimes mistaken for one) that the best deals (from the accused's point of view) happen soon after inditement - the more work the DA has done, the harsher the plea offer.

If it goes to trial & he is found guilty, any jail time served will be credited toward his prison sentence.  I suppose he could then end up as Jerry Sandusky's cellmate.  

Let me put this out there to make sure everyone has the entire facts and story.    This same individual came to Sean about someone else that was sexually harassing her.    Sean went to George and together investigated and fired this person at YEA.   This is a fact.   The truth will come out and this man's good character will shine.  

13 minutes ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Unless it is something ordered by the legal system, how would a ban be enforced?

A mustache and a big nose.

Oh!  You mean how would they keep him out?

Look for the mustache and big nose.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

So in this thread:

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums/index.php?/topic/168300-corps-responses-to-inquirer-article/

I noted that Cavaliers posted an extensive statement on the subject of sexual harassment and other workplace safety issues to their website on March 23.

They indicate that they did so in response to a discussion of that subject at DCI's meeting in January.

That is all.

Cavalier's policy statement says that SA/SH was a major discussion item at the Januals; vs 'hallway rumour discussions' describe a thousand or so posts ago.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

I'm with George D again (twice in a week, holy crap!)

It's better here to err on the side of extreme caution. 

• Like 2