The Cadets and GH history of sexual abuse (news article)

2 minutes ago, ebo said:

Thats cool because you will remove the donors too.  If this isn't righted I am done .  

A lot more than a few donors would be lost if this allegation wasn't investigated and Sean wasn't suspended during the investigation.

There is someone in the alumni group on Facebook making similar claims as you and they are being shut down pretty solidly by everyone else. More donors would be lost if this wasn't handled properly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimF-LowBari said:

So donors > victims

To be fair, I haven't seen ANYONE say that on this forum.  Despite some of the rhetoric, nobody has claimed that donors are more important than victims.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, GUARDLING said:

You do get were dealing with drum corps don't ya.lol,. I have done this for decades and there has always been the " bad guy " so to speak in any successful program, There is always someone who has to look at the whole picture and not small parts. Not everyone knows how to do this. There are big picture people as well as small pic people.

You are right, compromise is needed BUT with a very short season this cannot be Congress and talk things out each and every time.. Just doesn't work Per planned changes need to be in place yes BUT often that gets shoved to the side because of feedback from judges. Often great programs get feedback that is already on their to-do lists and are ahead of the game There isn't a staff person alive who doesn't get frustrated because everyone thinks their section is a priority It seems like it would be a very simple process and it can be but the road to that can be bumpy for sure..

Well said.

You're right... there has to be that one person who is the tie-breaker... the one who will say "OK... it's gonna be done THIS way.... got it?" 

Without that, you risk complete chaos and a lot of wasted time, for the staff and the members.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its fair to say that in hindsight, lots of things happened there at her employment that she  never "wanted to happen ". Thats the overall impression I got anyway from my reading. . I can just imagine at her age ( 22 ) how excited and happy she must have been to be hired there initially.

Yeah, there's a pattern there of people who go in viewing it as a great opportunity and then leaving within a year totally disillusioned. Know three of them. The glassdoor comments also bear that out repeatedly.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Tommeee said:

To be fair, I haven't seen ANYONE say that on this forum.  Despite some of the rhetoric, nobody has claimed that donors are more important than victims.

Only responding to ebos “then you remove the donors” comment. To me sounds like he/she is saying donors should be more important 

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Fran Haring said:

Well said.

You're right... there has to be that one person who is the tie-breaker... the one who will say "OK... it's gonna be done THIS way.... got it?" 

Without that, you risk complete chaos and a lot of wasted time, for the staff and the members.

I believe so. I have been on both sides of that coin and it could sting for sure. Now (for me anyway )  depending what side I was sitting on, I encouraged someone to make their points and myself have fought for what I wanted BUT have had to cut things off for whatever reason or got cut off so things move forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just because someone does the right thing in one instance doesn’t mean they should be excused if they do the wrong thing in another 

Well that kinda proves that when she went to her before he took her seriously. Maybe she said it in passing or in a way that Sean didn't know the serious of her concerns.  If she also wasn't afraid to tell Sean and so called jeopardize her job as she has claimed. They why didn't she go to the police when she says he raped her?  This all has questions that need to be investigated.  Sean denies that she told him and based on the other actions he took and his great character I believe him.  

Only responding to ebos “then you remove the donors” comment. To me sounds like he/she is saying donors should be more important 

From what it sounds like, losing ebo would be more than made up by the others willing to help now that GH is gone.

• Like 1

It’s been well known that YEA has been a dysfunctional-### organization for years. 

The Cadets as a corps has also been pretty dysfunctional as hell, thanks to Hop. 

Why people decided to work there is beyond me. It has been established as a hellhole, a place where the boss had zero regard for you, your life, and basically anyone else except himself and donors. Why did people keep coming? 

And that’s not to place any blame on the real victims/heroes here: the ones who were victimized by Hop and were brave enough to come out and say something about it. As well as the poor kids who will be marching with them this summer. 

I just don’t understand it.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, ebo said:

Well that kinda proves that when she went to her before he took her seriously. Maybe she said it in passing or in a way that Sean didn't know the serious of her concerns.  If she also wasn't afraid to tell Sean and so called jeopardize her job as she has claimed. They why didn't she go to the police when she says he raped her?  This all has questions that need to be investigated.  Sean denies that she told him and based on the other actions he took and his great character I believe him.  

He took her seriously THAT time... and investigation will check on the other... 

Edited by JimF-LowBari